Our overall focus is to provide cost-beneficial medical equipment, services and solutions to the medical industry operators and service providers to develop sustainable quality healthcare services, with a commitment to delivering modern, but appropriate technology equipment (bearing in mind our infrastructural challenges) to meet customer specific requirements.
Our dynamic team has over 20-years experience in the Health sector and has worked on a host of hospital new build and upgrade projects in both the Public and Private Health sectors within and outside Nigeria.
Internal Audit & Control
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job Description Overview
- Responsible for implementing, directing and overseeing the auditing and compliance
- programs. Conducts and directs audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls,
- operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations. Reviews and
- appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial
- controls, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation.
- Plan and schedule Risk based annual audit plan.
- Plan and schedule Risk based audit programs.
- Ensure completion of audits on time.
- Review and assess completion of audits.
- Coordinate with clients about auditing practices.
- Train and mentor audit assistants and other audit staff.
- Develop and maintain accounting and financial policies and procedures that strengthen the internal control environment and address control weaknesses
- Lead implementation of new accounting standards and changes to the Company’s financial reporting structure; provide Company’s direction to ensure compliance and consistency
- Advise management across the company in interpreting and understanding fiscal and accounting policies, procedures, operations and controls; provide training on technical compliance issues
- Develop routine internal control monitoring reports and processes to ensure full compliance with policies and regulations
- Review processes to identify opportunities for improvement, and work with departments to implement changes, including application of change management principles as needed
- Research best practices and recommend new or changes to Company policies or procedures
- Coordinate with Company-wide procurement, treasury, and accounting staff to plan and perform compliance audits of departmental operations
- Manage and maintain the Policy and Procedures Point site for use by the Company’s and internal and external auditors
- Analyse financial data, records, reports and statements.
- Initiate internal audit controls for effective financial management.
- Maintain and update financial databases including audit findings.
- Coordinate with the management to take necessary action on audit findings.
- Engagement with external auditors as maybe required
- Any other responsibility as may be required by the management
- Proven experience as an Audit/Control Manager
- BSc, MSc or its equivalent, ACA,CIA or any cogent Risk Certification
- Knowledge of risk assessment and control
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations (e.g. Occupational Safety and Health Act)
- Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g. Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV to: email@example.com, stating the position applied for as the subject of the email.