YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Assistant
Location: Owerri, Imo
About the Job
- FINCA Nigeria seeks to employ an experienced individual with a good knowledge of accounting as Account Assistant.
- The role reports to the Chief Accountant or as may be designated.
- The ideal candidate should be an individual who is organized and can collect, process and reconcile a wide range of variety of accounting documents and transactions, prepares and processes documents to disburse funds and make deposit.
- S/He should be able to prepare reports, compile and review documents for accuracy, and maintain records.
KPI / Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare FINCA Nigeria Mapped and Fin track reports.
- Compute loan loss provisions for month end adjustment.
- Review and Manage the Fixed Asset Register.
- Manage Assets and Liabilities- Review the balance sheet schedules for improving efficiency control of assets and liabilities and provide explanations for long outstanding items and the action plan to clear them on time.
- Prepare statutory remittances as PAYE, Withholding Tax, Company Tax and VAT.
- Compute Loan Officers transport allowance depending on their routes and number of clients as shown on the month end portfolio.
- Participate in the preparation of FINCA Final report.
- Ensure that all internal and external audit are properly facilitated and queries are answered accurately and timely.
- File all documents/ receipts/ correspondence processed ensuring that all approval processes have been fully complied with.
- Manage and Reconcile Inter- company Receivable and Payables.
- Participate in the reconciliation of all settlement transactions.
- Reconcile card transactions daily, TAM, POS and other Bank Channels platform
- Liaise with relevant banks and card merchant acquiring companies and other external companies as required.
- Investigate, identify and resolve system generated card transfer transaction errors
- And any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Payment and Reconciliation Officer
- Senior Financial Accountant/Treasurer
- Chief Accountant/Chief Financial Officer
- Other FINCA Staff
- The Job is with no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or HND in Accounting / Accountancy only.
- Desired candidate must be an aspiring Chartered Accountant who have recorded success in written ICAN/ACCA examinations.
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting related function, desirable with any financial institution.
- A good knowledge of microfinance will be an added advantage.
- Possess good report writing and analytical skills.
- MUST be Proficient in Excel and Computerized accounting packages.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments.
- Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Share expertise with others.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online