Physical fitness can simply be defined as a general state of good physical health. In spite of an age, it can be described as a condition that majorly helps an individual look or feel mentally as well as physically better. In fact, in its simplest meaning, it is very similar to that of the fine tuning or of an engine. Like fine tuning helps in the proper functioning of an engine, a good physical fitness helps in the good functioning of a human body. As a result, it is very essential for a human body to stay physically fit.
A healthy and physically fit body runs the way it is supposed to. It helps in maintaining the muscle strength, body structure and overall functioning of various body parts. It also helps in controlling weight and even contributes to healthy joints and bones. A body without physical fitness can simply be compared to a machine that is kept inactive. Just as immobility results in the rusting of machine, same rule applies to the human body. Today if we look at the current scenario, the Japanese are considered to be the most physically fit people in the world. From a very young age the children of Japan are trained in physical fitness and so its result is absolutely fabulous. So by now if getting up off the couch seems like a major feat then this might be major signal for you to consider the importance of physical fitness and look for different ways to improve it.
For many, physical fitness majorly revolves around doing exercise on a regular basis, but there are many other physical fitness components that need to be taken proper care. While exercise is an extremely important component of fitness, diet and environment are other few elements that too play considerable roles. Apart from all these, there are few most important physical fitness components that are mainly used in health clubs these days to measure the fitness of a body, such as:
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Cardiovascular Endurance – It is the ability of the heart and lungs to work simultaneously and provide the much required oxygen and fuel to the body during sustained workloads.
- Muscular Strength – It is the amount of force that a muscle can produce. The push up test is one of the most common tests used to examine the muscular strength.
- Muscular Endurance – It is generally defined as the capacity of the muscles to perform a task uninterrupted without fatiguing. Cycling and elliptical machines are few exercises that can be very effective for measuring the muscular endurance.
- Flexibility – It is an ability to move the joints or any group of joints through normal range of motion. The fact is the more flexible body one have the more physical fitness he or she can enjoy. The sit and reach test is most often used to test flexibility.
- Body composition – It can be defined as the percentage of body fat an individual has in contrast to his or her total body mass. This can be easily calculated by using underwater weighing or by bioelectrical impedance.
These five major physical fitness components actually represents how healthy and fit the body is as a whole. And, so when a person undergoes through different battery of tests, he or she receive information on the specific areas that he/she may require to work in. Therefore, it always advisable to take care of each of the above mentioned components of fitness as it can have a positive impact on body composition and may result in extra body fat loss and a great physically fit body.