Analyst at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics – We are an advisory and research organization focused on advancing and applying behavioral science in the Global South, in pursuit of poverty alleviation. We work with organizations to build behaviorally-informed solutions to help scale their products, programs, and policies. Our rigorous approach to experimentation has generated impact in a broad range of fields from financial inclusion to health and early childhood development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Analyst supports senior staff across multiple projects by engaging in both qualitative and quantitative research activities. Analysts are tasked with supporting the structuring and composing of reports, client deliverables, and analysis on ongoing projects, in close coordination with the Associates and Engagement Directors.
- This is an exciting opportunity for entry-level individuals who seek to increase the uptake of behavioral science in program and product design and implementation. This role will be based in either Nairobi, Lagos, or Delhi.
- Your growth: We invest heavily in our Analysts, exposing you to a range of projects prior to your potential growth within the organization. With rigorous mentorship and support, we ensure that we grow talent and provide support where it is needed.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve inquiries on external and internal research data and act as a research resource person for senior leadership, internal teams, staff, and external parties.
- Work closely, when necessary, with the data and programming team to source, clean, and structure data.
- Support the design of effective quantitative and qualitative survey instruments and coordinates all activities associated with survey development including research, formatting, liaising with survey programming teams, analyzing, summarizing, and presenting results; write reports highlighting key findings and present results.
- Support Associates/Senior Associates in preparing materials such as, but not limited to, drafts of client reports, experimental designs, literature reviews, proposals, and pitch decks.
- Support multiple large-scale research and advisory projects at a given time as may be required.
- Clarify research requests to identify potential data sources and informational resources; identify, and discuss research needs with Associates and Engagement Directors.
- Carry out general logistics planning for project activities as it relates to content outcomes such as phasing of field activities, coordinating meetings, etc. Work closely with the Project Operations team and the Project Lead team to plan logistics for field operations, data collection, and data quality assurance.
- Ensure that all project coordination work is communicated with the relevant teams at Busara to ensure proper roll-out of the engagement. This includes, but is not limited to, finance, procurement, operations, facilities, and wellness.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, or related fields.
- High level of self-motivation and energy, an optimistic “can-do” attitude
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Qualitative and quantitative research or data analytic skills preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player.
- Interest and experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency and excellent communication and writing skills with a mastery of English and (where applicable) at least one other appropriate language for the office in which they will be based.
- Extreme attention to detail while sustaining a global focus and vision for institutional planning and decision making.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred.
- Familiarity with behavioral science.
- Familiarity with R, STATA, Python, SAS, and/or other programming languages
- Exposure to large-scale research and consulting projects in countries in which Busara has an office.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role is open to applicants who have a pre-existing legal right to work in Kenya, Nigeria or India.