For centuries, Moroccan women have been preparing beauty recipes with argan oil that have been passed down from mother to daughter. Let’s find out why it is so priceless, and what its undeniable qualities are connected with!
Liquid Moroccan gold is mined from the argan tree, also known as the “tree of life” due to its long lifespan of 150-200 years. Moreover, it is incredibly resistant to any climatic conditions in the region, thanks to its root system, which “drinks” water from a depth of 30 meters. Extraction of argan oil is a laborious process, as the fruit of the argan tree has an extremely hard shell. Until recently, local women broke them with heavy stones to get invaluable contents from there: from 1 to 3 seeds. It is from the seeds that the valuable argan oil is extracted, which can only be found in Morocco. On average, 33 kg of dry fruits harvested from 6-7 trees are needed to obtain 1 liter of oil.
Why is argan oil worth all this effort?
1. It is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids (including linolenic acid, which is omega-6) and natural tocopherols;
2. Due to its composition, argan oil helps to restore the hydrolipid balance and protective functions of the skin;
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
4. Due to the high content of natural tocopherols, argan oil has an excellent effect against free radicals and stress;
5. Argan oil quickly penetrates the skin without leaving an unpleasant oily effect, film, etc. It has an extremely beneficial effect on the skin;
6. Contains twice as much vitamin E as olive oil;
7. Effectively fights free radicals and has a prophylactic anti-aging effect;
8. Nourishes dry skin prone to eczema, restoring its barrier function.
9. Restores and renews damaged skin;
10. Leaves an exceptional feeling of softness and comfort;
11. Strengthens hair, gives it shine and restores its natural softness, has a nourishing and regenerating effect on the scalp, regulates moisture and restructures hair.
The high content of antioxidants and vitamin E makes argan oil an ideal ingredient for various skin creams and other beauty products. Extremely valuable due to its incredible properties and laborious processing, argan oil is one of the most expensive oils in the world, the price of which is 10 times higher than that of olive oil.