YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Love feels amazing feeling! Unfortunately, even the best love advice in the world will not help you if you put your love on“cruise control” or poison your relationship with negative thoughts. Once you fall asleep at the wheel, when you wake up you may be in for a rude awakening. Even the deepest, strongest love needs to be properly planned, nourished and nurtured along the way. So, where can you find the best love advice?
Why You Cannot Find Best Love Advice In Books Or Movies
With all the books and movies portraying romantic love as something that just happens at that first initial encounter and then requiring no attention after that (and they lived happily ever!), the reality is that love that lasts takes work.
Sometimes the work is fun, sometimes not quite so much but to maintain love, you have to be willing to work at it to make it good to avoid relationship pitfalls, just like anything else in life. The best love advice will only take you so far if you are not willing to walk down a new path.
3 Pointers For The Best Love Advice You Can Receive – Keeping The Spark In Your Relationship
Here are just a few “pointers” that I often utilize with couples to help them nourish their love and keep the “spark” alive in their relationship. Check out the three main actions I see as the best love advice I share with the couples I work with.
Best Love Advice # 1: Never stop dating
What makes a new relationship so exciting is that it’s new. You do new things together, have new experiences, talk about new subjects and learn about how the other person views life through the filter of activities you have together. To keep your love exciting and fresh, I encourage couples to continue to date your partner long after the relationship has become official.
When you continue to “date”, you repeat what’s most exciting about dating; that feeling of newness. This is a much different and far more romantic feeling than the feeling of being taken for granted, which often shows up as the relationship matures.
- Dating is fun and exciting so keep the love the alive by continuing to date.
- You and your partner can take turns with the whole dating process, with one of you planning and the other one being surprised.
- Or you can plan together.
- Whatever you do, remember that doing things together and having new experiences will keep that spark burning.
Here are a few more “pointers” that I often utilize with couples to help them nourish their love and keep the “spark” alive in their relationship.
Best Love Advice # 2: Find time to connect
It can seem like nothing that interesting happens over the course of a typical day that you would call to check in with your partner but staying connected by doing so at least once a day can make a difference and create the relationship you want.
- Whether you squeeze in a quick text just to say, “Looking forward to spending time with you tonight” or calling to share a funny or interesting facet of your day, couples that stay engaged when not physically with each other have an easier time connecting when they actually are together.
- Touching base throughout the day make take some practice if you’re not used to it but ultimately, it will go a long way to creating a deeper bond.
Best Love Advice #3: Make time for intimacy
Believe it or not, men and women usually want sex equally; it’s just that the precursor for sex is different for each. Women tend to want sex more if they are feeling there are other levels of intimacy in the relationship. When women feel heard, understood, cared for and loved, it increases their desire for sex. On the other hand, men tend to experience intimacy through sex, and feel more inclined to engage in other areas of intimacy as a result. When you understand how your partner views intimacy, it’s easy for both people to get what they want.
- For men, think of intimacy as a way of being, rather than something that you do.
- A quick phone call or note to say, “I was just thinking about you” or “I can’t wait to spend some time alone with you tonight” is a great way to be intimate and will definitely get a woman in the mood!
- For women, being enthusiastic and taking the time to appreciate your physically intimate moments will be well received by a man.
- Men also like to know that they are good providers and that their efforts to support you are respected and not going unnoticed.
For both people, understanding and acknowledging the role your partner plays in the relationship is a way to engage in intimacy that will pay off in bigger ways.
Yes, even the best love advice will only take things so far unless you remember that many things have to be done to keep the “fire” alive in your relationship. The process never ends…
Looking for the best love advice but cannot find it? Leave a comment below to give Dr Jeff the chance to help you!