Capacity Building Expert (Elections Management) at Palladium Group
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Capacity Building Expert (Elections Management)
Requisition ID: req12492
Duration: 60 months (01/05/2022 – 30/04/2027)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Palladium is in the early stages of tendering for the upcoming EU services contract, Technical Assistance for the Implementation of the EU Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria (EU-SDGN) Programme Phase II.
- The Project will provide a key component of support under the upcoming EU-SDGN II programme, building on support provided under EU-SDGN (2017-2021) and earlier initiatives. The previous phase delivered support focusing on:
- Component 1: Support to the Independent National Electoral Commission
- Component 2: Support to the National Assembly
- Component 3: Support to Political Parties
- Component 4: Support to Media
- Component 5: Support to Civil Society Organisations
- This upcoming project will provide technical services in support of the implementation of the programme’s next phase, with specific focus on Component 1, targeted at the Electoral Management Body – The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and providing overall coordination support for the broader EU-SDGN II programme.
The Expert will lead the provision of Capacity Building support to INEC and Other Stakeholders. This will include leading work related to:
- Flexible and needs-oriented advisory support at the institutional level;
- Delivery of inclusive and customized trainings schemes;
- High-level national and international conferences and seminars on pertinent thematic areas related to electoral assistance;
- Face-to-face coaching and mentoring activities to raise leadership capacities amongst selected key beneficiaries.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Post-graduate Degree in the areas of Political Science, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Economics, or other specialisation relevant to the assignment.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
General Professional Experience:
- Extensive professional experience providing technical assistance and capacity building support in democratic governance, and particularly in electoral management.
Specific Professional Experience:
- Proven technical expertise in institutional capacity needs assessments in the area of democratic governance / elections management.
- Proven experience in developing and leading capacity building initiatives, including training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Relevant experience on EU-funded projects will be an asset.
- Experience in providing support to bolster women and youth’s involvement and participation in democratic processes will be an asset;
- Relevant experience in West Africa (working with INEC in Nigeria in particular) will be a significant asset.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
- These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Note: Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected]