Employee Engagement and Change Management Specialist at MFS Africa
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MFS Africa is the leading digital payments platform in Africa, enabling low-cost payments across the continent. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant payment services to African consumers and businesses. MFS Africa connects over 320 million mobile money users across Africa through its platform, which enables cross-border payment for mobile money networks, banks, money transfer operators, and large corporates.
As a fintech company, we strive towards elegance and simplicity in everything we do. Our mission is to make borders matter less, and our values are to simplify, care, and be revolutionary. We pride ourselves on world-class operations and a distributed team. Our offices include Abidjan, Accra, Johannesburg, Kampala, Lagos, London, Nairobi, and Port-Louis, and many employees work remotely from locations where we do not have offices. We are regulated by the FSC in Mauritius, BoG in Ghana, BoT in Tanzania, and FCA in the UK.
The MFS Africa team has doubled in the past year and continues to grow rapidly. Our people are talented, curious, and the reason our company does exceptional things. Excellence in nurturing our people and their passions is foundational to our success as a business.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Employee Engagement and Change Management Specialist
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are recruiting an Employee Engagement and Change Management Specialist to join the Business Integrations team and be responsible for developing and executing strategic employee engagement and change management activities and internal communications in support of the integration of acquired companies into the MFS Africa group.
- This role will collaborate with stakeholders across both businesses, including the broader Integration Working Team, People Operations, Internal Communications, and senior leadership. Specifically, this role will liaise closely with the Global Head of Employee Experience at MFS Africa and the Chief / Head of HR at the acquired company(ies).
- Additionally, this role will work with the rest of the Business Integration team to develop a repeatable integration playbook for future acquisitions and integrations.
- The first project this role will help drive is the integration of Capricorn Digital Limited (market-facing name: Baxi), a fast-paced and dynamic company based in Nigeria, into the MFS Africa group. Baxi is one of Nigeria’s largest independent SME-focused electronic payment networks, providing a cash-in/cash-out offering as well as value-added services — account opening, money transfer, bill payment and more — to the last mile.
- This role reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO, who leads the Business Integration team, and serves as an integral member of the Business Integration team within the CEO’s office.
- We are seeking candidates with at least 5 years relevant experience in employee engagement and/or change management, ideally in corporate environments with significant exposure to technology or financial services. The successful candidate must be passionate about people and excited about creating a positive employee experience. They should, possess exceptional communication skills, high EQ, strong organization skills, and be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- The role is based in Lagos, Nigeria. Travel will be required as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Business Integration team, Baxi leadership, MFS Africa leadership, People Operations, and Communications within both organizations to lead the integration-specific employee engagement and change management plan
- Create, develop, refine, and execute integration-specific employee engagement and change management activities and tactics in line with overall post-merger integration (PMI) communication and business strategy
- Develop and execute regular pulse check surveys to gauge employee engagement and morale related to the integration
- Produce and execute internal communications in line with overall post-merger integration (PMI) communication and business strategy, including newsletters, internal emails, and posts on other digital channels (e.g., Slack)
- Engage with staff members in both companies to understand “the pulse” of the organizations and understand effectiveness of engagement and change management activities
- Own and manage the integration-specific employee engagement, change management, and internal communications plan as a living document, incorporating new or adjusting existing activities as required; proactively recommend adjustments to the plan and develop targeted interventions based on performance and feedback
- Track performance of PMI employee engagement and change management initiatives and internal communications; solicit feedback from key stakeholders across both organisations to improve the effectiveness of activities and communications
- Support culture diagnostic and development of execution plan to create and embed a cohesive company culture
- Partner with the MD Business Integration to develop a repeatable integration playbook for future acquisitions and integrations, including creation of content such as documentation of key employee engagement and change management integration activities and learnings.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Communications, Marketing, or related field with high academic achievement
- At least 5 years relevant experience in employee engagement and/or change management, ideally in corporate environments with significant exposure to technology or financial services
- Proven track record leading employee engagement and/or change management activities in a post-merger integration at a similarly sized company (200-500 employees)
- Proven track record of engaging with senior company leadership (C-suite and/or Board) on employee engagement and/or change management initiatives
- Experience living or working in Nigeria
- Pan African experience and exposure is highly desirable.
You will be a good fit if you have / are:
- Excellent project management skills – Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage timelines and logistics of multiple activities simultaneously, able to manage activities to a defined budget
- Professional presence and maturity to work across all levels and functions of the organization, including top company leadership; ability to engage effectively both in 1:1 and large group settings
- Confidence to speak up to share ideas and recommendations, and flag potential issues before they become risks
- A critical thinker who can solve complex problems and identify innovative solutions –strong business intuition; solutions-oriented; ability to see the bigger picture
- Flexibility and ability to multitask in an environment with shifting priorities; thrive with change & ambiguity
- Proven ability to work autonomously and independently in a highly demanding environment
- An Eager and consistent learner, receptive to feedback and interested in continuous improvement
- Ability to build relationships through empathy, understanding, and active listening; high emotional intelligence and the ability to understand the perspective of others
- Comfort with digital mediums – able to create short videos, write and publish a digital newsletter
- Passionate about people and excited about creating a positive employee experience
- High EQ with the ability to understand people at a deeper level
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English are essential.
- We are the cutting edge of fintech in Africa
- Attractive package including flexible benefits and competitive remuneration
- Ranked by Fast Company as Second Most Innovative Company in Africa
- Diverse, inclusive, gender-balanced company culture representing >28 nationalities and speaking >20 languages
- Massive growth potential
- We operate a flexible remote working and unlimited leave policy
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world to create access for the millions of users who also believe in what we do.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online