Google News Equity Fund 2022 for small and mid-sized publishers
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Application Deadline: July 21st, 2022
Google has launched a ‘News Equity Fund’, a global commitment to provide financial support and opportunities to news organizations that primarily serve underrepresented communities.
The Fund aims to strengthen inclusion, further empower a diverse news ecosystem, and specifically support small and medium sized publishers creating original journalism for underrepresented audiences around the world.
- Small and medium-sized news organizations producing original news for underrepresented audiences.
- The News Equity Fund is open to independent newsrooms employing between 1 – 50 full-time journalists (FTE).
- Eligible applicants may include for-profit or nonprofit traditional news organizations, digital natives, newsletters, podcasts, radio and/or TV broadcasters, and trade press associations whose members cover underrepresented groups.
- Eligible applicants should publish journalistic content regularly.
- Eligible applicants need to have a focus on core news provision, i.e. not lifestyle, sports.
- Eligible applicants must have a verifiable digital presence (such as a website primarily providing journalistic content) and have been in full operation for at least 12 months.
- Incorporated or registered associations or organizations, registered academic or non-profit bodies representing underrepresented journalists and organizations are all eligible to apply as long as you are based in one of the eligible geographies.
- Government-owned entities or entities affiliated/owned by a political party are not eligible to apply.
- Only online applications in English will be considered.
- Funds will be disbursed in one installment. Funding amounts will vary depending on the size of the newsroom and number of eligible applications received.
- Initial selection of proposals will be done by teams of Google staff who have knowledge and experience in digital publishing and journalism in the regions detailed above.
- Google will also work with established third party organizations to further confirm our selections.
- Applicants will then be contacted by email and offered funding before being asked to sign a funding agreement with Google.
- Selected applicants will then be required to enroll with our designated payment provider in order to receive the funding.
For More Information: