YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
HPA Corporate Resourcing – Our client, a highly reputable Consulting firm committed to the highest level of professional standards, is recruiting a result-oriented individual with a distinguished career to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Risk Practice
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head, Risk Practice’s responsibilities include assisting clients in developing and maintaining best-practice risk management architectural, governance, cultural, and compliance frameworks. The position reports directly to the Head, Advisory.
- Assist clients to create frameworks for identifying potential risks that may affect their companies’ performance and proffer techniques to mitigate risks.
- Offer various risk management consulting services to diverse clients across various sectors (Power, Financial Services, Telecommunications, Energy, Oil & Gas, Public sector etc.)
- Convey best-practice advisory offerings to clients’ to advance their risk management programs..
- Partner with relevant market experts to forecast future market conditions regarding client portfolios and plan appropriate risk management solutions.
- Provide strategic leadership to the team to support and enable the organization in achieving its vision and mission.
- Create staffing plans for short term, mid-term and long-term risk projects
- Drive thought leadership that engenders research and development around evolving issues and solutions affecting risk management.
- Manage a team responsible for designing risk management frameworks, standards and best practices guidelines.
- Manage project teams of consultants and analysts.
- Generate Risk Advisory mandates across diverse sectors, including but not limited to Power, Telecommunications, Energy, Governments, Financial Services, etc.
- Contribute immeasurably to the business development process, including through the identification of new leads.
- Develop and sustain high-level business relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and sustain partnerships with relevant professional and private networks.
- Track global industry benchmarks, and constantly scan industry opportunities and threats.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head, Advisory.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in any Business or Science-related discipline.
- Professional Qualification (ACCA OR ACA OR CFA) is mandatory
- Risk Management Certification is required
- Other relevant certifications and membership of professional associations will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience at a senior leadership level.
- A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on risk management experience in the risk function of a Fortune 500 company.
- Must have implemented a minimum of ten (10) Risk Management consulting projects from start to end.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Team-building skills and an ability to coach team members.
- Excellent and proven business development skills
- Proven success in business development across sectors such as Energy, Power, Telecommunications and Financial services
- Solid knowledge and a good grasp of socio-economic and development issues across the globe.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High level of initiative and creativity.
- High energy levels and determination to achieve set objectives & goals.
- Ability to network and build partnerships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Competence in using standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); SAP knowledge is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethics with a high degree of passion and commitment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] with “Senior Consultant – Learning” as the subject of the email.