Innovation for Change (I4C) Call for West Africa Regional Connector (RC)
Application Deadline: 9 September, 2022
I4C Africa Hub is pleased to announce this call for applications for a West African Regional Connector/RC. The West Africa Regional Connector/RC will encourage collaboration with organizations in the West African Region to support the following Key Focus Areas, which align with the I4C Africa Hub’s Work
Plan and mandate:
- Building Camaraderie Through Mobilization – improving civil society’s capacity to foster solidarity amongst countries and individuals affected by closing civic space.
- Creating Digital Resources – Sustaining an interactive and easy to use online resource centre essential to campaigning for a more open civil society.
- Offering Legal Solutions – providing analysis of regulations and administrative decisions and referrals for individuals or organisations spanning the continent.
Innovation for Change (I4C) is a growing global network of people, organizations and online Hubs with seven (7) connected regional centres in Africa, Central Asia, East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), South Asia and the Pacific. An eighth (8th) Global Innovation Hub, co-facilitated by CIVICUS, supports project implementation and drives innovation across the entire network.
Since its inception in 2017, the I4C Africa Hub has continuously engaged regional partners and/or organizations to assist with the implementation of the Hub’s sub-regional activities in support of
civic space expansion initiatives. The I4C Africa Hub works with implementing partners in each of the continent’s following sub-regions/locations:
- Central Africa
- East Africa
- North Africa
- Southern Africa
- West Africa
As a pan-African organization that fosters home-grown African solutions to problems, the I4C Africa Hub works with regional partners to achieve the following objectives:
- Helping to unite civil society, human rights defenders and activists to create a common voice across the continent, bringing all of Africa together to fight for an open operating environment;
- Being a multi-stakeholder platform for innovation, that emphasize new ideas, practices, creativity, insight, empowerment and services which arise through interaction, with the aim of building expansive networks and improving existing situations;
- Establishing a community of practice that brings together all actors for experience and knowledge sharing of best practices; and
- Building and retaining a Hub membership that is all-inclusive.
- Numerous networking and collaboration opportunities to increase the impact and sustainability of your organization’s work and provide visibility to it amongst national, international, and local NGOs, research and policy think-tanks, the private and public sector and the media;
- Being part of a strong civic movement and network membership with similar values; interested in contributing to work around civic space expansion and the development of a sustainable Africa;
- Exchanging Lessons Learned, Best Practices, and learning about solutions being used by other organizations in the region and stay abreast of the latest industry developments; and broader access to a wider range of resources and new and valuable knowledge.
The RCs will work closely with I4C Regional Hub Manager and the Programmes Implementation Unit (PIU). The assignments will be supervised by the I4C Africa Hub’s Regional Manager who will also be the contact person for the duration of the project.
How to Apply
To register your organization’s interest, please submit the following documents to
[email protected] before Friday, 9 September, 2022:
- Application Letter/Expression of Interest detailing why your organization would be a good fit
- Organization Profile
- Organization Registration Certificate
- Bank Letter of Good Standing
- Letter of Support from a CSO Partner
For More Information: