Job Alert: Account Assistant Job at The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a non-profit German foundation funded by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany, and headquartered in Bonn and Berlin. It was founded in 1925 and is named after Germany’s first democratically elected President, Friedrich Ebert. FES is committed to the advancement of both socio-political and economic development in the spirit of social democracy, through civic education, research, and international cooperation. Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung is the oldest political foundation in Germany.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Account Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
Project Duration: Till 28 Feb 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Account and Finance Officer will carry out the following tasks:
- Use specific integrated system of accounting and financial reporting
- Prepare monthly and activity account for an EU project
- Control and reconcile activity account
- Assist Financial Officer in cash flow check
- Assist Resident Representative in replying to audit queries
- Prepare request for funds from HQ with Resident Representative
- Assist in preparing withholding tax schedule and handling other tax matters
- Organise financial and accounting office files.
- Assist in the oversight of the annual budget and preparation of budget projections and monitoring of budget
- Monthly Monitoring of diesel and fuel consumption
- Maintain accounting controls by ensuring strict compliance of FES and European Union policies and procedures.
- Function as a first base auditor for the EU project
- Assist in finance office with procurement
- Prepare financial report
- Assist the programme managers in the planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up of activities
- All other responsibilities related to accounting and financial implementation of programmes.
- A Minimum of a University Degree in Accounting
Skills and competence:
- Good knowledge of Accounting, Corporate Finance and reporting skills
- High attention to detail and organisational skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Experience with EU Accounting Rules will be of added advantage
- Data entry and time management skills
- At least 2 years work experience in accounting role
- Previous experience working with a Non-Profit Organization is a very strong advantage
- Proficient in the use of windows 8 or higher, advance knowledge of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Very good communication skills
- Very good oral and writing skills (English)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivational Letter as one document to: [email protected] addressing it to the “Human Resource Officer” and using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.