Job Alert: Account Officer at a Non-governmental Organization – Rossland Screening Solutions
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client, an NGO, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Account Officer is responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date books of Accounts and Administration in accordance with IFRS and the company’s policies.
- The role entails performing day to day financial accounting and administrative tasks including, processing payments, filing and document retrieval, flight and hotel reservation bookings, providing data for report preparation, and providing support with the year-end, audits, and related administrative processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and submit to the CFO interim monthly and quarterly financial and donor reports for review.
- Provide orientation to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Conduct monthly audits of all projects of the organization.
- Report financial irregularities identified during the audit with recommendations to the CFO.
- Prepare cheques and enter all approved vouchers into the transaction spreadsheet daily for payment.
- Prompt settlement of statutory and other payroll deductions i.e., PAYE, NSITF, NHF, Withholding tax, Pension contributions, etc.
- Bank reconciliation capabilities.
- Preparation of various supporting schedules to the financial statements to facilitate annual audits and assist in the audit process.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end accruals reconciliation and make journals where necessary.
- Initiate and complete filing of annual tax returns accurately within the required timescale.
- Provide administrative inputs for project management, logistics, travel, and other areas of administration.
- B.Sc Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in handling Account/Admin functions.
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
- Experience in computerized accounting software (Sage or QuickBooks).
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Good Report writing skills.
- Must be a team player and keep their eyes focused on the wider goals of the organization.
- Must be capable of interpreting information, with a competent level of problem-solving ability.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.