Job Alert: Agricultural Economist / Commodity Trader at Aquada Development Corporation
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Aquada Works is the division responsible for our construction, fabrication, and engineering projects. Here, we develop equipment, manage processing equipment, and develop technologies that aid in sustaining our environment. The first unit of Aquada Works is our built environment group which builds affordable housing using sustainable materials such as bambo…
Agricultural Economist / Commodity Trader
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abia
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
Location: Umuahia, Abia
- Develop and manage a system for the purchase of agricultural produce from farmers.
- Keep track of offers, managing relationships with customers and farmers, as well as negotiating prices, payment, and delivery terms.
- Buy agricultural commodities from farmers using an online platform.
- Experience in risk management and hedging agricultural products for the feed industry and/or flour milling industry.
- Familiarity with online trading platforms would be a definite advantage, as would prior experience with farm-gate organization and cooperative extension services to farmers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in the purchase and/or trading of agricultural produce.
- Analytical and organizational skills,
- Excellent communication skill,
- Proven experience in purchasing/trading of agricultural produce,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Strong negotiation skill,
- Business development minded,
- Skilled in relationship management, set up relationship with farmers and produce aggregators,
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter that outlines their specific experience and how it relates to this position, current resume, and a clear indication of your date of availability to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application