Job Alert: Agronomy and Product Development Specialist at Saro Agrosciences Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Farmers Friend
Saro AgroSciences Ltd the first company in the Group started out in 1991. Today it’s the leading marketer of Crop Protection Products in Nigeria & Ghana, committed to empowering Two Million Farmers within the next 5 years with superior agro-input (CPP, Seeds & Fertilizer) & Knowledge that will enable them increase thei…
Agronomy and Product Development Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA , PhD/Fellowship
- Experience 10 years
- Location Kaduna
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
- He/She will champion product maintenance, seed production research, and product development trial in the tropical lowland environments.
- He/She will act as a link between Seed Co and farming stakeholders and partners, with a strategic mandate of driving the promotion, awareness, and adoption of Seed Co cultivars among farmers.
- Conducting parent seed purification to support the production of high-quality seed.
- Designing and executing seed production research trials including synchronization and agronomic studies that will lead to enhancement of productivity.
- Providing leadership in designing and executing agronomy studies that will improve seed yield to above thresholds that are competitive.
- Evaluate maize and rice hybrids, soyabean, cowpeas and other small grains.
- Supporting business functions such as executing strip trials and demonstration plots
- Champion collaboration with national institutions and CIGIAR institutions operating in the region, including IITA, Africa Rice and CIMMYT.
- Product development and registration of products in regional countries and ECOWAS.
- Work collaboratively with farmers, farmer’s organizations, Groups, Co-operatives, NGO’s, Extension services and other partnering organization that promotes sustainable farming practices.
- Capacity development and mentoring assigned personnel.
- Any other activities that support organizational objectives.
Our Ideal Candidate – Knowledge, Skills and Competences:
- Good networking
- Strategic capabilities and demonstration of leadership in delivering and rolling out demonstration Programs, Farmers Training, and Lead Farmer Ambassador Programs
- Farmer orientation and focused communication targeting smallholder farming communities and agronomy support to farmers.
- Coordinate and monitor initiatives for the farmer-facing initiatives.
- Recruiting Lead Farmer Agencies and grow AgriSeed Co’s brand equity in the targeted farming communities.
- Administration of training sessions and events for advancement of farmers and the AgriSeed Co-brand
- Management and implementation of awareness campaigns to enhance AgriSeed Co’s category leadership and brand familiarity.
- Position requires extensive driving across the country and the incumbent must be highly energetic and self-driven.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, passionate about farming communities and farmer education, with experience in sustainable farmer relationship management.
- Good organizational development skills with excellent communication (verbal and written) capabilities.
- Ability to protect the reputation of the organization and maintain integrity.
- Minimum of a second-class upper University degree, preferably in business, marketing, or management, or related fields
- MSc /PhD in Agronomy or related discipline
- Communication skills – both written and oral
- Supervision, management, and leadership attributes
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural institution.
- Willingness to travel both in-country and abroad.
- Trust and openness
- At least 10 years experience working in a related field.
- Experience and knowledge of the agricultural industry will be an added advantage.
- Age Requirement: 35 – 45 years
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Saro Agrosciences Limited on saroafrica.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application