Job Alert: Area Manager (Ogun) at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Sector: Banking, Finance & Insurance
Contact Person: Chief Commercial Officer
Management of Area:
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Dept., hire, train, support, and motivate Area staff.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and discipline within the Area and ensure that all staff members are performing according to expectation.
- Ensure the Area work flow is efficient and well-defined on a weekly and monthly basis.
Build community rapport:
- Become knowledgeable and known in the Area’s geographic zone.
- Build rapport with community and business associations and leaders;
- Be known and visible in the community/area;
- Develop goodwill of community towards Accion MfB.
Financial Planning and Management:
- Develop annual plans and budgets for the Area, paying particular attention to the creation of efficiencies and reduction of the Area costs.
- Approve Area expenses within the budget parameters.
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Ensure that all Area staff follow and implement policies and procedures.
- Spot-check approved applications.
- Set performance goals with Area staff and monitor performance per procedures for all Area staff.
- Implement the performance management system at the Area level.
- Ensure that the Area maintains neat, up-to-date and accurate client records.
- Organize and maintain neat, up-to-date and accurate files regarding performance of each Area staff member.
- Ensure that all approved loans in the Area are disbursed timeously and accurately.
- Ensure that all savings accounts are promptly opened with proper documents
- Ensure that all assets of the Area are protected at all times and that the Area ambience is within the acceptable standard.
- Prepare and submit Area portfolio and other financial reports timeously on a regular basis.
- Complete summary Area reports of supervision and monitoring activities and findings timeously on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the activities of the credit committee for loan applications pertaining to his/her Area.
- Chair the credit committee for loan applications pertaining to his/her Area within his/her authority level.
- Ensure all documentation and requirements are complete prior to loan approvals.
- Ensure quality of analysis by all Branch Managers/Account Officers in the Area.
- Ensure that the loans and savings portfolio growth matches the Area Budget.
- In cases where the rate of growth is below the Budget, the Area Manager should provide adequate explanation for the deviations and advise the Chief Commercial Officer on the most appropriate corrective measures.
- Meet and build rapport with all Area staff, business/market associations and other relevant organizations in the area’s zone on a regular basis.
- Monitor business progress, provide assistance, demonstrate concern, and build loyalty among the business/market associations and clients.
- Keep abreast of the economic developments in the Area’s zone.
- Review the daily repayment reports and other relevant reports per Account Officer and for the entire Area as soon as they are available.
- Ensure that debt recovery strategy and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with late repayment recovery where necessary, in accordance with Accion MfB policies and procedures.
- Candidates should have 8 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online