Job Alert: Brand & Communications Manager at InterSwitch
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Interswitch Limited is an integrated payment and transaction processing company that provides technology integration, advisory services, transaction processing and payment infrastructure to government, banks and corporate organizations.
Interswitch, through its Ã¢â‚¬Å“Super SwitchÃ¢â‚¬&A…
Brand & Communications Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 – 9 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Department: Group Marketing & Corporate Communications
- The primary purpose of this role is to drive the conceptualization, development, implementation and monitoring of an integrated communication and stakeholder management strategy which proactively communicates the agreed Interswitch corporate brand and product messages to targeted public (including but not limited to the employees, media, partners, regulators etc) to generate goodwill for the Company, support business objectives, mitigate reputational risk/crises and thereby essentially generate competitive advantage for Interswitch’s corporate brand.
- The holder of this role would also be tasked with leading the Development, implementation and monitoring of all Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability-related initiatives and activities, and seamless communication of same across all channels and the appropriate management of key stakeholders both internally and externally to generate goodwill and trust for the company, support the business goals, and project the company’s image as a socially responsible brand.
- Reporting to the Group Head, Corporate Marketing, the incumbent collaborates with Brand, Product Marketing Managers and the design group within Group Marketing & Corporate Communications, employee volunteers across the business and a wide variety of internal & external ( agencies International and Local) stakeholders across functions and geographies to fine-tune, integrate and streamline narratives and messaging to ensure that all internal and outbound communication present a desired consistent and unified view of the organization and contribute to the growth of the corporate brand equity, and also the execution, monitoring and measurement of CSR related initiatives and communications across all channels and the appropriate management of required agencies.
- The incumbent will be expected to provide advice and leadership on all aspects of internal and external communications or relations
- The role requires a strong focus on strategies to increase visibility and influence to support the achievement of business goals, with the ultimate goal of positively shaping the Group’s brand narrative and positioning Interswitch for leadership as one of Africa’s most innovative companies, an integrated payment solutions provider of choice and a leading industry player, as well as a leader in social responsibility and sustainability
- Responsible for supporting the Group Head of Corporate Marketing in planning and execution of communications and CSR programmes and initiatives across all channels
- This includes responsibility and accountability in delivery of branded properties such as Interswitch SPAK
- Also responsible for the appropriate management of required communication and social impact consulting agencies to generate most optimal output/value as expected by the business (Local/International PR & Event Marketing Agencies/Consultants)
- Providing strong communications support for the execution of strategies and initiatives related to Masterbrand marketing, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Sponsorship & Events Management, Public Relations, Product Communication and general thought leadership
- Making input into the communication & corporate responsibility elements of GMCC’s annual brand plans and budgeting
- Ensuring fidelity and high-quality output of all types of communication collateral used internally and externally across the business
- Therefore, expected to provide guidance and support across the business in terms of creating, drafting, editing a wide range of business communications materials and collateral including website(s), presentations, speeches etc
- Includes the development of a calendar for external speaking engagements for key personnel and assisting in the preparation of speeches for senior executives
- Ensuring consistent, round-the-clock media landscape monitoring and reporting, to facilitate proactive communication planning and mitigation of reputational risks
- Support business leadership in managing communication elements of crises management
- Ensure press office functions (in collaboration with PR Agency) are always on and running – including drafting press releases, op-eds and responding to media enquiries promptly as at when due
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to secure coverage surrounding the programmes, special events, public announcements and other projects
- Proactively identify opportunities for engagement and influence by being current with developments that relate to all key stakeholders and partners
- Anticipate reputational risk issues and develop and implement appropriate communication actions
- Lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of the company’s best practice brand & communication guidelines
- Manage internal & external surveys that evaluate the communication receptiveness, attitudes, opinions and aspirations of the stakeholders and partners
- Review the governance standards and operational protocols for the sign-off on all corporate communications emanating from the institution, to ensure that quality assurance is maintained, and brand guidelines are adhered to
- Champion communications throughout the institution to ensure that communication considerations form an integral part of policymaking, project designs, visits and tours by the senior management
- Work with leadership teams/HR to develop internal communications programmes and processes required to support organisational change and employee engagement initiatives, including employee volunteering scheme (EVS)
- Develop and/or conduct media and communications training for staff
- Responsible for capacity building & performance management of members of the Corporate Communications team, including internal communications and event management executives and updating the Group Head of Corporate Marketing accordingly
- This includes periodic performance & behavioral evaluation of team members, Identifying training & development need of team members & driving employee engagement of team members and enhancing general positive work climate
- Communications and CSR Budget management, tracking & cost management functions throughout the financial year
- Advisory on all aspects of CSR implementation that complements Interswitch Group’s business strategy (including subsidiary businesses and sub-brands) in the areas of corporate responsibility and drive employee volunteerism.
- A good 1st degree from a reputable institution
- Postgraduate Degree in Marketing / Communications could be an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification such as CIM (UK), NIMN, APCON will be an added advantage
- 7-9 years’ experience preferably in Integrated Marketing Communications, Brand Management, Corporate Communications
- Marcomms experience in Payments, Fintech, Financial Services TMT, eCommerce, Retail, FMCG, B2C or B2B2C is a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing including Google Analytics, Email Marketing, Performance will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills is essential.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to InterSwitch on careers.interswitchgroup.com to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application