Job Alert: Business Development Manager at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc is the premier, largest and most profitable, non-aligned Primary Mortgage Bank in Nigeria. Abbey is one of the seven national Primary Mortgage Banks (PMB) licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria and Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN). The recent recapitalization exercise saw the downsize from 105 mortgage banks to only 34 now surviving. We not only emerged successfully capitalized but one of the few that also met our National obligation as well as amongst the public liability companies.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”MORE JOBS” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”10″ style=”list” align=”right” displayby=”cat” orderby=”random”]
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new revenue within Abbey ’s existing portfolio of Business Partners and also seek out new Business Partners.
- The role is expected to have a focus on strategizing, prospecting, identifying and signing up of new Business Partners.
- The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the Operations team to ensure smooth transition of new Business Partners into Abbey.
- Research prospective Business Partners in target sectors, pursue leads and follow through to a successful agreement. Understand the target sectors, including industry, company, project, company contacts and which business strategies can be used to attract clients.
- Maintain relationships with current Business Partners and identify new prospects within the area you have been assigned.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products, our competition in the industry and positioning.
- Follow the latest industry developments, best practices and stay up-to-date on competitions.
- Leverage Abbey’s marketing plan and business development unit standard operating procedure (SOP) to develop personal monthly sales plan. Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options;
- Maintaining relationships with existing Abbey’s Business Partners and other stakeholders by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new business opportunities.
- Recommending profit and service improvements; Identifying product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Present to and consult with Mid and Senior Level Management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc. / M.Sc. Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Communication from a reputable University.
- Member of CIBN will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 Years relevant professional experience in banking sector with similar role
- Financial services or technology company experience will be beneficial.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to achieve set targets.
- Ability to develop long–term relationships with Clients/Business Partners.
- Ability to maintain and develop new Business Partners account, and liaison with back office staff in processing new clients.
- PC word processing, Power point presentation, spreadsheet and database preparation and evaluation skills.
- Goal-oriented, focused and achieve targets.
- Self-starter and team Player
- Identification of Business Partners’ needs and challenges.
- Strong stakeholder management and team player.
- Ability to the network, prospect and persuade new customers.
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Leadership, Supervision and Coaching skills
- Highly detail-oriented and analytical skills
- Experience in marketing and sourcing new clients for Emergency loans and mobilization of deposit.
- Knowledge of the Financial services sector and the current trends.
- Knowledge of the market, current media issues, social media, competitor behavior and strategy.
- Knowledge of effective use of Public relations strategy.
- Knowledge of online and offline marketing strategies and tools. Knowledge of the financial products and services.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of relationship building and customer management.
- Self-Starter and ability to work independently.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”READ MORE” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”4″ style=”grid” align=”none” displayby=”recent_posts” orderby=”random”]
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only application via the website will be acknowledged.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc reserves the right to stop further action on this job vacancy notice.