Job Alert: Business Development Officer at Urbansphere Limited
Urbansphere Limited is an Urban Design, Construction, and Real Estate startup registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission to meet the growing demand for affordable housing in cities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
- We are expanding to an Electric Vehicles as a Service (EVaaS), providing services inclusive of the development, sales, management and maintenance of EV’s, charging stations, and accessories.
- Due to this expansion, we are organizing the CIM Auto Show, an annual event bringing together industry leaders, academia, government, and climate conscious persons to an EV Dedicated Expo, showcasing electric vehicles, charging stations, energy products and services.
- As a Business Development Officer you expand our clientele, market, and revenue for the show. You will be at the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. You will work to satisfy customer needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver positive customer experience.
- The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. Your success in this role requires you have an excellent communication, negotiation, and customer service orientation skills. You have to be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new businesses from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
- Promote CIM products and services addressing or predicting clients objectives.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunity.
- Contact Potential Clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings through cold calls and emails.
- “Get the sale” using various customer sales methods (door-to-door, cold calling, presentations, etc.).
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Planning and preparing presentations.
- Performing cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing and potential customers to meet their needs.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on sales, revenue, invoices, etc.
- Preparing monthly reports on customer needs, problems, interest, competitive activities, and potentials for new products and services.
- Achieving agreed Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and Annual Sales, Revenue, and Invoicing Targets within schedule.
- Providing trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
- Preparing sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines.
- Proactively seeking new business opportunities in the market.
- Stay up to date with events, market trends, new products/services and pricing, ensuring CIM maintains competitive edge.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc / B.A in Business Administration, Marketing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields, having 3-5 years experience.
Desired Skill Sets and Profile:
- Proven working experience in a Business Development, Event Management, Sales, Marketing, or relevant roles. Experience in event management, sponsorship, ticketing, etc. a plus.
- Highly motivated and target driven, with proven track record of meeting sales targets, and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience.
- Existing pipeline of prospects and leads
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), with CRM software is a plus.
- Great IT skills, with social media exposures, email marketing and etiquette,
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- EV and Energy Market knowledge.
- Communication and negotiation skills, with ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to audience needs.
- Understanding of Sales Performance Metrics, with great reporting skills.
- Ability to build rapport, deliver projects, and answer enquiries on time.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently, being proactive, having excellent time perception and planning skills, and able to handle uncertainties.
- Business Acumen, with problem solving attitude.
- Great leadership and relationship management skills, with openness to feedback.
Application Closing Date
9th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.