Job Alert: CCCM Data Assistant at Smiling Hearts Initiatives International
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Smiling Hearts initiatives international is a humanitarian non-governmental, non profit organization founded in Nigeria, Borno state Maiduguri and has been in operation since 2016 as Zumunchi Hearts Initiatives International before its official registration with CAC on 10th October 2018 as Smiling Hearts Initiatives International.
Smiling Hearts Initiatives International work with the aim of saving and improving people lives, in Nigeria and the world at large, in response to Humanitarian needs and challenges, in the Northeast of Nigeria focusing in the sector of Education, Protection, WASH, CCCM, Livelihood, Health, Shelter, Psycho-social support, NFI, Food security/GFD in the area of operations
CCCM Data Assistant
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
ICT / Computer
- Under the supervision of the CCCM Project Manager, The Database Assistant is primarily responsible for all information management activities related to CCCM, under direct supervision of the CCCM PM or CCCM Senior Officer.
- This includes but it is not limited to design data collection tool, conduct data collection, analyse data and produce information products for partners and stakeholders, storage and d the data, only when strictly necessary and always respecting data confidentiality principles and policies.
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry with necessary validation queries in place
- Design data collection tools and constantly revise them for improvements based on experience, needs and lessons learnt
- Enter data efficiently from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms completely and accurately;
- Verify the accuracy of data collected during any data collection exercises and by reviewing data for deficiencies or errors and correcting any incompatibilities if possible;
- Obtain further information for incomplete data from the monitors/enumerators;
- Maintain clean and up to date datasets/databases while removing unnecessary and duplicate datasets;
- Conducting data collection or supervising enumerators/monitors conducting data collection
- Create visual information products for sharing with partners and stakeholders, such as site profiles, info graphics and chart, brief narrative reports summarising data collected and related particularly to service delivery, population movements, CWC activities, risk evictions, community governance and complaints
- Strict compliance to data confidentiality principles and policies during data collection, data storage and data sharing
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level in close cooperation with the communities and with partners and stakeholders
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and communities needs emerged by the data collected to the line manager
- Supporting organisation of regular meetings with committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Supporting Communication with Communities activities, especially identifying possible gaps in information flux or possible themes for information campaigns based on data and information collected from the beneficiaries
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, SHI staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- At least 6 months experience in Information Management / administration of data using computers.
- Desirable – working experience in INGOs and/or International Institutions.
- Required – Proficient in Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Ability to use Kobo, ODK, online surveys, InDesign/Publisher
- Other database software would be an added advantage.
- Desirable – Working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be added advantage.
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Most importantly, commitment to SHI values and principles
- Accuracy and keen attention to details, in order to produce high quality documents and maintain good data bases.
- Qualification: BA/B.Sc/HND MBA/M.Sc/MA
- Experience: 1 year
Applications must be submitted through this [email protected]
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four (4) pages) in English. Position applied for as subject of the mail.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the interviews may take place before the deadline.