Job Alert: CFYE Youth Champions (Volunteer) at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: CFYE Youth Champion
Location: Nigeria (Working from home and at project location)
Type of Role: Advocacy Policy and Research
Start Date: 01-02-2022
- Working from home and at project location – In this role, you will spend some time providing part-time remote support (e.g. from your home) to VSO projects or partners, and also a set period working full-time in the project location and/or VSO office.
- The CFYE Team are looking to partner with young leaders who are motivated and enthusiastic about youth matters and passionate about amplifying the voices of diverse young people.
- Join us in this journey of putting youth at the centre of the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment programme.
- The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment are continuing to partner with a global network of Youth Champions to ensure the direct inclusion of youth voice throughout the programme. As a continuation of this collaboration, CFYE is offering long term youth national volunteer positions. Too often solutions are designed and decisions are made for youth without actually involving youth and are based merely on assumptions.
- To ensure the CFYE youth employment interventions are meeting the aspirations and needs of youth, this network of youth volunteers will design and lead youth centered activities (for example youth action research and youth led evaluations) for the programme to advocate for and amplify the voices of youth in our target countries.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
To be eligible to apply for the role, you should be:
- A young person between the age of 18 and 35 years old;
- Living in Nigeria
- Basic English skills to be able to converse with other international young people, the CFYE team and implementing partners;
- Available to commit to a full-time role (4.5 days per week) for 12 months;
- Available to start the role in February 2022.
- Willing to work both remotely (online) and face to face (in person workshops).
What are the benefits of this opportunity:
- Monthly stipend in line with VSO country office full time role
- Travel, food and accommodation covered for any face to face activities
- Monthly data bundle
- Team building activities/mental wellness support from CFYE
- Access to Sign Language Interpreter & other support needed
- 1:1 Mentorship on career and personal development
- Training on skills needed for the role
- Access to CFYE youth champions network
- Social activities
- Health Insurance (including policies that will cater for PWDs) NOT CONFIRMED YET.
- As a VSO volunteer, you will be sharing your skills with local communities on a full time basis. VSO will cover your travel, vaccinations, accommodation, and medical insurance costs, along with a local living allowance which will be paid in local currency.
- This allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home. You will also receive some financial support to contribute to your on-going expenses at home.
- VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2022.
27th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CFYE values diversity and strongly encourage anyone who fits the role to apply. You do not have to have formal qualifications, as CFYE will focus on your strength, passion, and ability to grow.