Job Alert: Chemical / Laboratory Technician at Mc Timothy Associates
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
McTimothy Associates Is a full service Management consulting, Recruitment and Business Training firm that enables business greatness and effectiveness through customer-centric innovative solutions. We provide leading edge management strategy and HR infrastructure support with exceptional customer service leading to improved performance of our client organisa…
Read more about this company
Chemical / Laboratory Technician
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Science
- Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams and by conducting laboratory audits.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies.
- Train new employees on topics such as the proper operation of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products or processes, following standardized formulas, or create experimental formulas.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses, using techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy, physical or chemical separation techniques, or microscopy.
- Provide technical support or assistance to chemists or engineers.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Develop or conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, or products.
- Write technical reports or prepare graphs or charts to document experimental results.
- Direct or monitor other workers producing chemical products.
- Design or fabricate experimental apparatus to develop new products or processes.
- Operate experimental pilot plants, assisting with experimental design.
- Develop new chemical engineering processes or production techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Valid Laboratory Technician license.
- Proven experience working as a Lab Technician in a Paint production industry.
- Working experience operating electrical and non-electrical laboratory equipment.
- Comfortable handling potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE management systems, preventative measures, and laboratory best practices.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Superb dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Job Title” as subject of your mail.