Job Alert: Clinical Psychologist Intern at Synapse Services Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist Intern
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Clinical Psychologist identifies and diagnoses psychological, emotional and behavioral issues in client, develops and implements treatment plans, and converts business opportunities.
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders of patients and develop treatment plan
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals
- Prospect for new clients by networking, and using other acceptable means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately converting them into clients.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive)
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth with a bid to grow business.
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems
- Have an understanding of Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectic behavioral therapy, talk therapy, person centered therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plan.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Coordinate family inclusive therapy to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services
- Psycho educate client on the importance of medication compliance.
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintain contact with other social services agencies
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy
- Have an understanding of neuron developmental pathways, how to diagnose, carry out assessments and draw up appropriate treatment plan to meet specific needs.
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow up and management.
Requirements and Experience
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology
- 1 – 3 years Clinical and Business development experience
- Business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Stress tolerance
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to uphold strict confidentiality.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using “Clinical Psychologist Intern – Lagos” as the subject of the email.