Job Alert: College Bursar at Federal College of Education, Kontagora
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Governing Council of Federal College of Education, Kontagora wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates with proven integrity for the position below:
Job Title: College Bursar
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and shall be responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- Co-ordinating the financial operation of the College
- Establishing appropriate internal control system
- Advising the Provost on financial matters
- Preparing periodic / annual financial reports of the College
- Interpreting and installing an efficient accounting system
- Interpreting financial regulations
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Candidates for the post of Bursar must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours Degree, HND, or its equivalent in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institutions of higher learning with at least 21 years cognate experience plus full registration with a cognized Professional Accounting body.
- Must possess relevant Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years of cognate experience.
- Possession of Doctorate Degree is an added advantage.
- Must have been a Deputy Bursar on CONTEDISS 15
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous Mandatory Professional Development Course is required.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
- The conditions of service are as contained in the 2015 reversed conditions of service for Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- The Candidate appointed will be entitled to all official approved benefits attached to the office of the Bursar, Federal College of Education in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in fifteen (15) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of Children including the age of each
- Date and place of Birth, Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Geo-political Zone
- Current Postal Address and Phone Number(s)
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional qualification(s) and distinction with dates 1. Membership of Associations/Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present employee status and salary (copy of last promotion should be attached)
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of which must be the Present Employer, who are to forward Confidential Reports on the applicant directly to the Registrar
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of their credentials if invited for an interview.
All Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar” on the top left hand corner and addressed to:
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B. 39, Kontagora,
Note: Those who responded to the earlier advertisement and are still interested are advised to re-apply.