Job Alert: Community Mobilization Officer Job at Creative Associates International
- Creative Associates International
- 14th January, 2020
- Human Resources / Recruitment
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- 5-7 years
- 7th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization, Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for international Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors arid partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Community Mobilization Officer – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
Job Location: Bauchi Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The Community Mobilization/NGO Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for implementing activities to increase community awareness and support of schooling in targeted non- formal education and alternative education learning center communities in Bauchi.
- This includes implementing a small grants program to enable CSOs to establish community coalitions and learning centers, building the capacity of CSOs and executing awareness campaigns to strengthen the community’s demand for education.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the State Team Leader.
- Establishes and trains new community Coalitions or other local education support groups and committees
- Provides partner CSOs in Bauchi with day-to-day mentoring on project design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Supports the consistent application of training materials to strengthen CSO organizational management, HR and financial systems and provide technical support in community mobilization.
- Engages and servos as program focal point with CSOs and supported communities in Bauchi,
- Coordinates donor, stakeholder, and field staff visits to CSOs and communities in Bauchi.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in community outreach or community mobilization
- Demonstrated experience managing community engagement campaigns, preferably n the education sector
- Experience with international organizations’ community grants mechanisms
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing capacity building plans in culturally, politically and security-sensitive environments
- In-depth understanding of the role of civil society in development
- Demonstrated capacity in managing staff
- Fluency in English
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Communications, Social Work, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: [email protected] with “Community Mobilization Officer” in the email Subject line
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.