Job Alert: Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynecology at RoVedana
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
When your business needs extend beyond your core competencies, turning to a leading firm in outsourcing and consulting services to help you regain your focus. At Rovedana, our world revolves around your business. Our Business Process Outsourcing practice will assist your business in all forms of operational management so you can increase your productivity an…
Read more about this company
Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification PhD/Fellowship
- Experience 3 years
- Location Delta
- Job Field Consultancy  , Medical / Healthcare
Special Role Requirements:
MDCN License is a MUST
SALARY: Attractive & Negotiable
LOCATION: Warri,Delta State
This role is responsible for providing high quality clinical care to patients in the hospital by diagnosing, treating and helping to prevent diseases of women especially those affecting the reproductive system and the process of childbirth.
Clinical Service Delivery
- To provide quality medical care to patients and supervise the delivery of quality healthcare by all junior medical personnel.
- Interpret records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient.
- Supervise and monitor cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patient’s health and deliver babies safely.
- To ensure comprehensive, accurate and concise medical records are collected and maintained for patients with an appropriate signed and dated legible entry in the patient’s medical record on every attendance upon a patient.
- Provide supervision to resident doctors and medical officers on medical cases with unique complications.
- Contribute to quality patient care by participation in case planning which includes appropriate pre-admission planning, in-hospital care and discharge planning.
- To identify and recommend appropriate investigations, medical treatment and discharge as directed by the Registrar and/or Consultant to which assigned
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be “on-call” or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including ensuring discharge summaries and medico-legal correspondence are completed with no delay.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENT
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must hold a specialist qualification in gastroenterology (i.e. Fellow of the West African College of Physicians (FWACP), or National Postgraduate Medical College Equivalent).
- Knowledge of O & G and other specialist areas of medical practice such as oncology, pathology, radiology and pediatrics.
- The job holder must have good stamina and empathy for patients.
- Job holder must have a working knowledge of global quality assurance, clinical audit principles and processes and must exhibit a commitment towards continuous quality improvement.
- Familiarity with cultural and religious concerns of patients, and current legislation on patient rights.
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience.
- Must show evidence of competence in management of O & G cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.