Job Alert: Consultant – Technical Advisor at PACT
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow for communities challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. On the ground in nearly 40 countries, Pact’s integrated adaptive approach is shaping the future of international development.
Consultant – Technical Advisor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Medical / Healthcare
Duration: To be communicated
Supervisor: Project Director (SAQIP) Pact West Africa, Nigeria
Location: Gombe State
Job Summary: The Technical Advisor will assist the Project Director to manage activities under State Accountability for Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP), including the monitoring of project implementation, meeting and engagement with stakeholders, management of agreements and contracts and development of project reports.
Roles and Deliverables
- Work with GSPHCDA and SMoH to reconstitute the secretariat and membership of TWG already existing at GSPHCDA
- Work with 2 secretariats to facilitate TWGs meetings: one led by budget, Planning and Partner coordination and another led by SMoH
- Work with Department of Health System Development (HSD) , GSPHCDA to update the draft costed Minimum Service Package (MSP),
- Work with HSD GSPHCDA to disseminate and develop actionable plans to operationalize the MSP
- Work with SAQIP IT Assistant to support ICT consultants to facilitate workshop with stakeholders for designing electronic inventory and profiling of HCW using biometrics and electronic HRH system.
- Work with SAQIP Service Improvement Officer to support GSPHCDA to plan and conduct clinical trainings- Basic Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care; Comprehensive Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Care and Postpartum Family Planning and community diagnosis and referral of Possible Severe bacterial Infection (PSBI).
- Work with the Local Government Areas Social Mobilization Officers (SMOs) to strengthen the oversight roles of WDCs on VHWs to create more synergy between the MGs and VHWs and for WDCs to take up more roles of demand creation in other areas such as immunization, nutrition and family planning.
- Coordinate and track workplan implementation
- Participate in SAQIP technical review meetings
- Work with other team members to develop reports on activity progress and program outcomes as well as monthly and end of project reports.
- Maintain safety and security in all aspects of our program documents
- Monitor program consultants for accurate completion of work within timeframes and quality requirements
- Master’s degree in management/social sciences/humanities
- 7 years demonstrated expertise and significant senior-level experience working with development partners
- Experience with work planning and budgeting
- Experience with Project Management including evaluation, policy, and communications
- Demonstrated ability to plan and think strategically, set and achieve realistic goals, and objectives, and balance multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills (ability to assemble, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from data).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and listening skills, and judgment in communicating within a variety of settings.
- The ability to work across the political spectrum, and to respect diverse perspectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team‐oriented environment.
- Capacity to work independently and take initiative on one’s own
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
For the full RFQ, kindly click on the following link:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: [email protected]org. . All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e Technical Advisor).The deadline for submission is close of business on Monday 13th January 2020 , however applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.