Job Alert: Corporate Trust Officer at Cardinal Stone
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
CardinalStone is a full service investment banking firm operating out of Lagos Nigeria. The firm began operations in June 2008 and is currently registered by the Nigerian Securities & Exchange Commission to operate as an Issuing House, Fund Manager and Broker/Dealer. CardinalStone Securities Limited is the licensed Stockbroking subsidiary of CardinalSton…
Corporate Trust Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The job holder will support the Trustees in new business generation, relationship management and expanding the clientele base.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
▪ Play active role in marketing our services with a view to securing mandates/appointments;
▪ Ensure all statutory documents are submitted by the new client;
▪ Legal analysis and negotiation of agreements: trust indentures, escrow agreements involving cash, securities certificates , agreements, fee schedules and other related agreements;
▪ Assessment of the complexity and level of risk for each transaction;
▪ Closing and administration of corporate debt files and trust account investments; productionof monthly reports on interest and principal payments of relevant public offerings for distribution to the lenders, property holders, rating agencies, regulatory authorities;
▪ Relationship management of clients including multinational businesses and corporate investors, financial institutions, lawyers, beneficiaries, banking clients, and internal and external partners, public offices;
▪ Draft Trust Deeds/Supplemental Trust Deeds;
▪ Review documents from Lenders (Banks) and other Counterparties;
▪ Identify and drive new business prospects in target market;
▪ Cultivate relationship with issuing houses, Financial Consultants, Arrangers and Bondholders;
▪ Solicit, develop, generate, and manage full-service relationships Corporate clients (Public/Corporate Trust);
▪ Ensure follow up with Counterparties on delivery of Security documents;
Ensure proper registration and safe keeping of Security documents in our custody;
▪ Follow up with Project Monitoring Consultants to ensure Quarterly Reports are received as at when due;
▪ Review of Quarterly Reports of Project Monitoring Consultants on all Bonds upon submission;
▪ Ensure compliance with requirements of the Security documents on all Bonds and CIS transactions;
▪ Closure of Registers for all Federal, State & Corporate Bonds in line with the Security documents to avoid regulatory infractions;
▪ Ensure documentation of evidence of payments to Bondholders;
▪ Initiate and arrange meetings with Counterparties on relationship basis;
▪ Ensure proper filing of all State and Corporate Bonds transactions as well as CIS transactions;
▪ Attend Investment Committee Meetings of Funds that we act as Trustees;
▪ Relate with other parties to the Fund such as Custodians and Registrars on a need basis;
▪ Respond to the unit’s correspondences (letters, emails);
▪ Provide Trust expertise and professional investment advice using the best services and products available to ensure clients’ financial and non-financial goals are met;
▪ Regularly recommend amendments to marketing strategy and plans based on industryleading practice;
▪ Keep abreast of Regulations and policies within the Capital Market;
▪ All other jobs that may be assigned by line manager.
- At least 4 years in similar capacity within a financial services/sales environment.
- Strong business development expereince and competence
- A first degree in Law (preferably) from a reputable university
- Possession of a professional business qualification or an MBA is desired.
- Good understanding of corporate/public trust services
- Track record in generating sales and relationship management to issuing houses, Financial Consultants, Arrangers, Lenders (Banks) and other Counterparties.
- Well-developed business and relationship management skills and demonstrated ability to cultivate productive business networks.
- Excellent understanding of investment and portfolio management.
- Excellent knowledge of money and capital market operations.
- Excellent entrepreneurial and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Integrity and ethics.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the position as subject of email.
Interested and qualified? Go to Cardinal Stone on cardinalstone.seamlesshiring.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application