Job Alert: Credit Control Officer Job at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
- Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
- 6th February, 2020
- Accounting / Audit / Finance
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- 5-7 years
- Bachelor of Science
- Rivers (PH)
- 6th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, industrial equipment, elevators & escalators and HVAC is currently beefing up its team
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Credit Control Officer
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full-time
- Oversee the collection of customer accounts in a manner that ensures high customer satisfaction and loyalty. Communicate in an efficient yet friendly manner with customers. Ensure customers pay on time and follow up any overdue invoices through sending letters, personal visits, phone calls, emails or other medium.
- Maintain and implement the company’s credit policies and procedures.
- Prompt collection of WHT Credit notes and VAT receipts
- Ensure monthly deadlines are met as required.
- Ensure customers pay on time and follow up on WHT Credit notes and VAT receipts through sending letters, personal visits, phone calls, emails or other medium.
- Undertake client accounts’ reconciliations as required.
- Reconcile WHT and VAT debtors’ accounts.
- Follow up on clients for credit notes, VAT receipts, WHT and VAT outstanding debts and resolve issues.
- Liaise closely with sales department to ensure that credit issues are resolved smoothly.
- Check and ensure all payments of WHT credit notes and VAT receipts are posted correctly.
- Respond promptly and completely to both clients and internal Complains
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Identify and correct errors or mistakes on any client’s account.
- Prepare weekly reports on Budgeted collection.
- Provide ad-hoc trade debtor positions reporting as and when requested by National Credit Controller
- Prepare and submit monthly report on WHT and VAT accounts.
- Liaise with WHT and VAT Consultants.
- Liaise with FIRS on WHT credit notes and VAT receipts issues.
- Liaise with Sales Managers on issues affecting Key Accounts.
- Verify invoices from stores and prepare pro-formal invoices for major clients.
- Allocate WHT Credit Notes and VAT Receipt to deductions in ERP System
- Perform any other duties as assigned by NCCM
- Strong knowledge of debt collection best practice and debt recovery legal process
- Strong knowledge and experience on ERP system
- Able to work in a team as well as individually
- Good business judgment and sound decision making
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to multitask and handle several client accounts
- Experience in working with targets and tight deadlines
- Persistent, assertive and competitive natured
- Able to reconcile complex accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Very good problem-solving skills
- Smart researcher with very good analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation and convincing skills
- Positive attitude
- Reliable, dependable and honest
- Strong work ethic
- High intelligence quotient
- B.Sc/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent. Min 4-7 years of experience for Sr. Officer Level.
- Relevant experience in credit and collections is a must.
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards