Job Alert: DevOps Engineer Job at Infostrategy Technology Limited
- Infostrategy Technology Limited
- 8th January, 2020
- Engineering / Technical
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Bachelor of Science
- 2nd January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Infostrategy Technology Limited is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Abuja
Reports to: Head Technology
- We’re in search of a DevOps Engineer who’s ready to help us improve our customer experience by building functional systems that bring our business to new heights.
- The candidate need to have strong experience in either of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Digital Ocean.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll also be working in conjunction with like-minded departments such as software engineering to deploy these new products and manage our infrastructure, associated processes and systems.
- It’ll definitely help for the candidate to be detail-oriented and a skilled problem solver, because the candidate would also be helping us to streamline our processes—and automating them where applicable.
- Build whole Devops stack from code commits to deployments.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting and developing new product features, and writing automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT and SVN.
- Offer technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for business improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux / Unix administration, and AWS / Digital Ocean.
- Strong experience with databases such as MySQL, NoSQL, Redis, Cassandra, and / or Mongo.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, WorkFront, Scrum / Kanban / SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with automation tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI / CD)
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit updated Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected]egytech.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.