Job Alert: Director, Finance and Operation Job at Project HOPE Nigeria
- Project HOPE Nigeria
- 6th February, 2020
- Accounting / Audit / Finance
- Executive (Director, Head of Dept)
- 7-10 years
- Bachelor of Business
- Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, Rivers (PH)
- 6th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Project HOPE Nigeria (otherwise referred to People-to-People Health Foundation Nigeria) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization working in Nigeria in areas of HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, OVC, RMNCAH & Malaria intervention services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Director, Finance and Operation (DFO) – TB LON, Global Health
Req No: 566
Job Location: Nigeria
- The People-to-People Health Foundation, Nigeria (PPHFN) is currently seeking several positions to support the USAID-funded Nigeria Tuberculosis Local Organization Network (TB-LON) to address the critical gaps of the comprehensive Tuberculosis (TB) program in Nigeria.
- TB-LON Nigeria will focus on locally generated solutions to provide TB prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and notification, while addressing stigma and discrimination.
- The TB-LON Nigeria activity will expand provision of and increase access to TB services among formal and informal health providers by engaging the private sector, umbrella and local chapters of health and allied professional organizations, faith-based institutions, communities and civil society. This new business model for TB will help achieve USAID / Nigeria’s development objective of a healthier, more educated population in targeted states through utilization of quality health services in target areas and population groups.
Director Finance and Operations (DFO) Responsibilities
- The DFO is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to, human resources, logistics, procurement, sub-awards, and accounting / finance.
- The DFO will develop the financial capacities of all relevant staff and sub-awardees under this award.
- S / he will ensure USAID.
- The DFO must have the ability to develop and manage large budgets, with in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- S / he must have excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
- S / he must have experience-managing sub-awards for USG funding; and experience in building the financial management capacity of CSOs.
- The DFO will be proficient in relevant Microsoft programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
S/he will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent, and an ACA/ACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Seven (7) years of experience managing finance and operations of similar programs.
- Three (3) years of experience managing finance and operations for USG-funded programs
- Project HOPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran.
- Project HOPE complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Project HOPE expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran. Improper interference with the ability of Project HOPE employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.