Job Alert: Director of Strategic Information (DSI) Job at Project HOPE Nigeria
- Project HOPE Nigeria
- 6th February, 2020
- Project Management
- Executive (Director, Head of Dept)
- 7-10 years
- Bachelor of Science
- Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, Rivers (PH)
- 6th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Project HOPE Nigeria (otherwise referred to People-to-People Health Foundation Nigeria) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization working in Nigeria in areas of HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, OVC, RMNCAH & Malaria intervention services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Director of Strategic Information (DSI) – TB LON, Global Health
Req No: 567
Job Location: Nigeria
Director of Strategic Information (DSI) Responsibilities
- The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all SI aspects of the Activity, including monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
- S / he will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the Activity. This includes overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their TB services and activities and ensure data quality.
- S / he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI functions; and will ensure monitoring and evaluation coordination with national data systems.
- The DSI will be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making, with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- S / he will have the ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on findings.
- S / he will be able to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats/visualizations.
- The DSI will have a working knowledge of Nigeria’s health service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting, with understanding, experience and competency in working with community-led organizations.
- S / he will have knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources; and excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
S / he will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Monitoring & Evaluation, Demography, Biostatistics, Statistics, Analytics or a related field is required. A Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs.
- A working knowledge of Nigeria’s health service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting, with understanding, experience and competency in working with community-led organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Project HOPE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran.
- Project HOPE complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Project HOPE expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or status as a veteran. Improper interference with the ability of Project HOPE employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.