Job Alert: Director – Physical Planning, Works and Services at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (AEFUTHA)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
At Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital Abakaliki, we are totally committed to giving our patients advanced, innovative, and safe treatments delivered with unrivalled service.
Director – Physical Planning, Works and Services
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 15 years
- Location Ebonyi
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Director of Physical Planning, Works and Services is the Chief Technical Officer of the University esponsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day management and maintenance of buildings, eipment and other estates as well as the provision of utilities for the smooth running of the University.
- The Director, Physical Planning, Works and Services must be a person of high integrity and should demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
- The Director should command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University and must be receptive to new ideas as well as being willing to translate them into new and viable projects in line with the phased development plans of the University.
- He/She shall not be above sixty (60) years of age before the date of appointment. Persons who have served as or are currently serving as Director of Physical Planning, Works and Services need not apply.
Candidate for the post shall:
- Possess a good honours degree in the Built Environment (Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying or related field) from a recognized university, evidence of NYSC together with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which should be unbroken service in the University system.
- Have attained the rank of a Deputy Director or its equivalent in the University system.
- Be registered with the relevant professional body such asARCON, COREN, QSRBN, CORBON, SURCON, etc.
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- The appointment is for a single term of fIve (5) years. The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15.
- Other benefits to the holder of the office are as stipulated in the University’s Conditions of Service.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate for the position is required to submit fifteen (15) copies of his / her application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (surname first, in capital letters followed bya comma)
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Present postal address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- E-mail and telephone numbers
- State of origin and local government area
- Secondary and post-secondary schools attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope with the “Post Of Director of Physical Planning, Works And Services” clearly marked at the top left hand. The application should be addressed and sent to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike (AE-FUNAI),
P.M.B. 1010 , Abakaliki,
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the Referees’ reports reach the Registrar arid Secretary to Council not later than six (6) weeks from the date of the advertisement.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and further interaction.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application