Job Alert: Driver at CARE
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people.
CARE works around the globe to lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been ov…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 3 – 4 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Driving  , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Logistics Officer
To provide driving support to the organization, while adhering to standard driving regulations and the Nigerian Highway Code.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Drive the official vehicle in a safe manner
- Maintains an accurate log of all vehicle movement, maintenance, and repairs in accordance with CARE International policies and procedures
- Keep track of vehicle repairs and servicing.
- Procure and replenish fuel, oil, and other inputs in a cost-effective manner that ensures reliable use of the vehicle using appropriate tools for requisition and approval.
- Keep the interior and exterior of the official vehicle clean at all times
- Ensure vehicle log book is updated at every trip; sign by passenger appropriately
- Ensure vehicle use policies and procedures are maintained
- Respond promptly to request for vehicle use by appropriate staff.
- Daily cleaning of the vehicle to ensure vehicles are kept neat at all times
- Ensure that the Admin Officer or his/her designate is kept abreast of all routine maintenance and repair needs for the vehicle.
- Represent CARE well with the public through routine promptness, proper appearance, and respect for laws, passengers, and the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate.
- 3 – 4 years experience in Driving and Fleet Management.
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident of facing challenges and overcoming problems
- Broad knowledge of other automobiles and good professional skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling systems and procedures
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
- Strong level of initiative to provide independent follows through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral, written and communication skills.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document to: [email protected] using the Job Title & Location (in Caps e.g. DRIVER-MAIDUGURI) as the subject of the email.
- your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.