Job Alert: Driver at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries – regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationSecondary School (SSCE)
- Job Field
Transportation and Driving
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To provide effective driving services, takes complete responsibility for his actions while driving, one who religiously follows all the traffic rules and regulations.
- ADRA is seeking for an experienced and reliable driver to assist the with all transport-related duties.
- The Driver’s responsibilities include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations traveled to. he should also be able to perform routine checks on a vehicle.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely transporting company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the loading and offloading of staff luggage, products, and materials.
- Adjusting travel routes to avoid traffic congestion or road construction.
- Promptly informing the organization of any tickets issued against its vehicle during work hours.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking in order to avoid towing.
- Keeping the vehicle clean and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning and vehicle maintenance.
- Providing accurate time records of the vehicle’s coming and goings.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of local roads and routes.
- The ability to utilize maps, GPS systems, and car manuals.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only using the link above
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
Interested and qualified? Go to The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) career website on docs.google.com to apply