Job Alert: Education Officers at Jami Al Hakeem Foundation – 4 Openings
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Jami Al Hakeem Foundation is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2008. The foundation since its inception has extensive experience in coordinating programme interventions across communities and various target audience including youths, women, and girls, etc.
The organization has vast experience in coordination, management and administration of development programmes that bring together a range of stakeholders, including state and non-state actors. Jami Al Hakeem has also demonstrated experience in delivery of effective and sustainable programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls (protection) in Nigeria; our programme areas also include: Livelihood and Food security, education, peace building, community security, social justice and sustainable development. Jami Al Hakeem Foundation works in 4 states- Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Gombe states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Locations: Adamawa, Borno, Gombe and Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- Implement Education activities according to Concept note, budgets, and work plans.
- Lead in organizing and facilitating training programs.
- Directly Implement the project with the project coordinator.
- Document and compile lessons learn and support the MEAL Officer on assessments, Monitoring and Evaluation of Project activities.
- The Education Officer will also be responsible for the project assessment, analysis, design, capacity building.
- He/she will be responsible for supervising, training, and building the capacity of the education Assistants
- Oversee the initial training of learning facilitators, as well as their continuous professional development.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs pertaining to teacher education using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to supervisor.
- Promote the quality of non-formal education activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Plan and implement program activitiesincompliancewith projectlog frame, budget, work plan, proposal, J-HF, donor and humanitarian practices, and guidance provided by the Education Coordinator.
- Responsible for the reporting of Educational activities on a monthly basis.
- Manage, maintain, and update the project data base
- Collect and send weekly reports and monthly consolidated reports
- Collect and compile lessons learnt and challenges from field locations.
- Support on project assessments, analysis and support the MEAL department of MEAL process and activities.
- Design, and carry out capacity building for facilitators and beneficiaries.
- Train, supervise, and technically support Education facilitators.
- Observe and record trends and situation of project location in terms of gaps and persons in Needs for future programming.
- Collaborate with SUBEB and LEA focal persons in the locations of implementation to carry out selection, and training and workshops for facilitators and teachers.
- Collaborate with school base structures, formal education authorities and non-formal education authorities to carry out distribution learning kits for children in both formal and non-formal school.
- In case of school closure, plan/design, and implement radio learning programs for continuation of learning in all the project locations.
- Establish and or revive SBMCs and G4G in all the locations of our projects and apply strategies to strengthen them to be more functional and strong.
- Train SBMCs on resource mobilization, management, COVID19 prevention, safety and security of schools for children access to quality, inclusive and protective education in their communities.
- Conduct monthly meeting with SBMCs for need to support the education intervention and support coordination/management within the school environment, this will serve as a platform to discuss and address issues within the school environment.
- Conduct workshops in all the locations with community structures and education authorities on safety and security of schools.
- Carry out any relevant activities or tasks that you are call upon to.
Technical Expertise, Skills, Knowledge, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology or related fields.
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience in education in emergencies.
- Have worked before directly with children and vulnerable population and survivals
- Good knowledge of the EiE Working Group, and understand the education situation of the northeast Nigeria.
- Good knowledge of Child Safeguarding, PSEA Policies, MHPSS and the concept of Do No Harm, and good at working with children and vulnerable people especial in emergency settings.
- Good knowledge of teaching pedagogy and usage in emergency settings, emergency preparedness, and relief management.
- Experience working in emergencies context.
- Must be a team player.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: Human Resource Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- J-HF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Short-listed candidates will be responsible for their logistic and accommodation during interview.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, J-HF will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about J-HF, please consult: www.jamialhakeemfoundation.org
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.