Job Alert: Education Supervisor at Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate on behalf of refugees and other forcibly displaced persons. JRS undertakes services at national and regional levels with the support of an international office in Rome. Founded in November 1980 as a work of the Society of Jesus, JRS w…
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 – 5 years
- Location Taraba
- Job Field Education / Teaching  , NGO/Non-Profit
Supervisor: Project Director
Country of Assignment : Nigeria
Place of Assignment : Gembu, Taraba State
Net Contribution: ₦4,581,000 per annum
Resumption Date: Immediately
Harmonization of JRS education strategy for Nigeria based on JRS values and international strategy for Education and including refugees/IDPs in the process of integration into the national education system and building the capacity of local educational institutions in project areas to allow for sustainability.
- Under the supervision of the Project Director, plan and prepare monthly activities for effective support of school programs in the camps according to the established projects.
- Define and harmonize the educational criteria for JRS-Nigeria.
- Joint planning, technical support and supervision in the implementation of educational activities of projects.
- Provision and development of materials and reference documents for the work of the field teams.
- Support Project Managers and Program Officer in the development of annual projects.
- Build the capacity of teachers.
- Supervision and coordination of ongoing training plans for projects.
- Implementation and improvement of the educational monitoring plan for JRS Nigeria.
- Accompany the self-care process.
- Provide technical support for the JRS projects and smooth process of integration of schools into the Nigerian education system.
- Support and strengthen the process of community participation.
- Technically support the JRS team in developing the exit strategy for projects
- Ensure coordination with the various actors of Education in Nigeria
- Regular participation in education coordination meetings with UNHCR, and other partners, education cluster and coordination meetings with the Federal Ministry of Education.
- Support field teams in the technical work of coordination with the decentralized services of the State.
- Ensure the effective exchange of information, technical support and advocacy within the framework of humanitarian education in Nigeria between JRS and other actors.
- Write and monthly activity reports with the National Head of Program.
- Participate in identifying education needs in the field and new opportunities.
- Propose or develop useful frameworks for the evaluation of indicators regarding the impact of our projects on the quality of education in the camps.
Have a University Degree and a Master of Science in Education.
Experience and Qualification
- Have a proven work experience of at least Five (5) years in education sector preferably in a humanitarian organization and in the field of teaching.
- Experience working with refugees or forcibly displaced persons.
- Proven work experience in multicultural and stressful environments.
- Adhere to JRS values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Knowledge of the reality of life in refugee and IDP camps.
- Knowledge of Nigerian education systems.
- Knowledge of the functioning of educational centers and training of teachers.
- Knowledge of international standards on emerging education.
- Perfect command of English (oral and written) and a Nigerian Language preferably (Hausa).
- Ability to coordinate and work in a team and autonomy in the exercise of one’s duties, show of leadership, honesty and sense of organization.
- Ability to take initiative and provide innovative ideas.
- Have a sense of discretion and responsibility.
- Ability to adapt to working conditions and tasks that may change with the reality of the field.
- Ability to work in an environment under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Only successful candidates would be contacted. In the Subject section of the email, state Job position applied for and location. Late submission will not be considered.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application