Job Alert: Emerson Electric: Senior / Principal Engineer, Process & Analytics (PSS)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The role of the Senior / Principal Engineer, Process & Analytics is to use process knowledge to define and implement process optimization and reliability solutions for the clients. The Process & Analytics Engineer shall be the reference point for project team and has the required knowledge to consult and implement process technology / solutions concerned within Process Systems & Solutions (PSS).
The Process & Analytics Engineer is predominantly a project operations role; however, the role may work across the full project lifecycle, including: Sales Support, Solution Development, Project Execution, Post-Implementation Analysis.
- Leads process analytics and integration projects with Emerson’s Reliability Solutions.
- Study of process and plant operations, objectives and preparation of study / feasibility report on the performance and benefits of implementing analytics projects.
- Responsible for Detailed analytics design, modelling / simulation & engineering.
- Responsible for Installation, testing and commissioning of analytics projects at site.
- Participates in and leads client support activities such as: site / process study, troubleshooting / support call resolution and client training.
- Organizes internal knowledge transfer – undertake regular knowledge updates, using workshops where appropriate, to the Asia Pacific engineering teams.
- Work closely with Asia Pacific and Global engineering centers in developing execution support and capability.
- Ensures that Company’s quality control processes and relevant standards are followed.
- Travel within Asia Pacific is expected (
- Masters / Degree in Chemical / Process / Control Engineering or any related discipline.
- At least 5 years’ process industry experience in Operations or Manufacturing role.
- Candidates with more experience will be considered for principal engineer role.
- Experience in use of advanced software applications for process industry such as production and energy optimization, alarm management, asset management and predictive failures, knowledge base decision support systems.
- Experience in applying analytical methods: principal component analysis, linear regression, multivariate statistical process control, and/or machine learning to asset failure prediction or performance optimization.
- Background in knowledge management, artificial intelligence and cognitive analytics are strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of process industry customer needs and familiar with plant operations environment in automation industry.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values-integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation-inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.