Job Alert: Environmental and Social Governance Manager at Norsworthy Farms and Agro-Allied Industries
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Norsworthy Farms and Agro-Allied Industries Limited (Norsworthy Farms) is an Agricultural company located at Iyiocha Stream Forest reserve in Akwukwu-Igbo, Oshimili North Local Government Area, Delta State. It specializes in the plantation development, production of Oil Palm and processing of the Oil Palm Fruits into various products and derivatives. Norsworthy Farms and Agro-Allied industries limited is a private Limited Liability company Incorporated on the 7th of September 2016 in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and commenced operations in 2017.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental and Social Governance Manager
Location: Asaba, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Environmental and social governance (ESG) manager is responsible for reviewing the set of Norsworthy standards and operations that socially conscious stakeholder will use to screen Norsworthy and consider how Norsworthy performs as a steward of nature.
- He/She will examine how Norsworthy manages ESG relationships and Occupational health & safety with employees, suppliers, customers, and the communities where it operates.
- The ESG manager is also responsible for measuring the sustainability and ethical impact of investments in Norsworthy business.
- The ideal candidate is to examine Norsworthy significant social and environmental impact and provide early guidance on incorporating ESG factors into both Norsworthy prospective development projects and existing facilities.
- Developing and implementing the company Environmental and Social Management System:
- Preparing documents, procedures, records, and other management system requirements
- Implementing integrated management system elements for Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental and Social Management and Food Safety Management
- Prepare the factory for ISO22000, ISO14001, ISO45001 and ISO 9001 and OSAS 18000 certification
- Carrying out in house training, knowledge shares on the ESMS implementation
- Developing plans, budgets and allocating resources for implementing the company ESMS
Company Stakeholder Management:
- Developing and implementing a company Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) including the company grievance management procedure.
- Coordinating the drafting and signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the company and its host communities.
- Coordinating the company Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Strategy including conducting a needs assessment study.
Regulatory and Compliance:
- Engagement and Liaison with government authorities at the federal, State and Local Level on behalf of the company.
- Regularly review company Environmental, Quality and Safety policies in line with all Federal, state and local requirements
Other Duties And Responsibilities:
- Periodically ensure compliance to terms and conditions related to Norsworthy environmental monitoring
- Undertake and manage technical consultants and other advisors on ESG related due-diligence, impact assessments and risk mitigation strategies
- Provide all necessary monitoring reports and any other information required by Norsworthy investor company (Rainoil).
- Provide prompt support through the contract negotiation and construction phase of new projects including auditing against agreed policies and best practice.
- Contribute to the continual development and implementation of Norsworthy’s ESG Management
- Work closely with employees to secure engagement and initiate ESG activities
- Act as the center of expertise for the company on all environmental monitoring programs and data
- Periodic review of technical environmental monitoring reports and develop plans language summaries to be shared with local communities and external stakeholders
- Provide guidance and oversight to environmental consultants on all environment monitoring programs
- Ensure daily proper data management from monitoring programs is securely managed in-house
- Develop strategies and work with external parties to increase community-based monitoring initiatives
- Co-ordinate logistics for environmental working group meetings and act as co-chair manager
- Work closely with Site Environment staff and operations to coordinate the implementation of environmental field monitoring programs
- Keep records of communications with external stakeholders
- Carry out periodic research and report on industry best practices for environmental monitoring
- Foster positive relationships with community members and leaders
- Support the implementation of the Sustainable Development policy
- Support the implementation of Project Environmental Management Systems
- Perform other duties as required.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 5+ years of experience in Environmental & Safety management system
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Management system
- 3+ years of experience in community relationship
- ISO Lead Auditor training.
Functional Skills And Education Required:
- Functional Skills
- Community Relationship
- Environmental and safety legislations
- Knowledge of Quality Management system
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws
- Influential skill
- Negotiating skill
- Communication processes
- Supporting diversity
- Team working.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with “Environmental And Social Governance Manager” as the subject of the email.