Job Alert: Executive Chef at Olman Business Solutions (OBS) Limited
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Olman Business Solutions (OBS) Limited is a multidimensional consulting firm keen on providing complete customized solutions to client.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Building and Construction
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Responsible for overseeing kitchen staff and its production activities in all locations in delivering quality and exceptional food service to clients and customers.
- Duties includes training staff to cook their dishes, expediting orders to maintain a steady flow of dishes and creating dishes to add to the menu.
- Also, directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portioning cost control, sanitation and cleanliness as required by ISO 22000:2018 Standard.
- Developing unique and cuisine-appropriate menus.
- Staying current on developing trends in the restaurant industry.
- Identifying and introducing new culinary techniques.
- Maintaining the kitchen and surrounding areas in conditions that meet the company standards and health code regulations.
- Preparing meals and completing prep support as needed.
- Assisting and directing kitchen staff in meal preparation, creation, plating and delivery.
- Provide direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen across all locations.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentations.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for all kitchen staff.
- Training and supervising new and existing kitchen staff.
- Trains, develops and motivates kitchen supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Provide orientation of company values, departmental processes, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees.
- Collaborating with the Restaurant Manager to set item prices.
- Review weekly and monthly schedules to meet forecast and budget.
- Ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Monitoring inventory and purchasing supplies and food from approved vendors.
Qualification & Experience
- A good University Degree in Catering and Hotel Management.
- Degree in Culinary art and food safety certification is an added advantage.
- Food and beverage administration skills.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a reputable catering/hospitality organization.
- Must be able to hold its own by being in absolute control of all kitchen affairs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the job title as subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application