Job Alert: Female Nursing Officer at Atlantic Hall Schools
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Atlantic Hall is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
The school has chosen to maintain its existing population of about 650 pupils between the ages of 10-17 and has a staff-student ratio of 9/1 to allow for optimum learning and to ensure each…
Female Nursing Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
The primary responsibility of the School Nurse shall be to take care of students and members of staff who are on bed rest or hospitalized by ensuring that they properly take their medications at the appropriate time as prescribed. He/she shall also be monitoring the health condition of hospitalized students and members of staff and draw the attention of the Doctor whenever the need arises or in case of emergency.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BSc. Nursing, Graduate of School of Nursing (Certified by the Nursing Council of Nigeria) or any equivalent Certificate from any recognized Nursing school.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ work experience
- Must be a registered Nurse with a valid practice license.
- Ability to communicate properly and effectively with parents and all stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team, work without close supervision and within established timeframes.
- Capability to manage a variety of patients and tasks throughout the day.
- Infection Control.
- Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance.
- Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft Office tools
- Prior experience working in private or government hospital setting.
- Attention to details, organization and problem solving skills
- High level of proactivity and ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- High sense of commitment, responsibility and accountability
- High integrity and ethical standards
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support patients with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy or mental health problems
- Monitoring and administering prescribed medication and intravenous infusions
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
- Provide nursing care and physical screening to patients; assess patients and implement first aid measures for patients as needed
- Prepare and maintain student and staff clinic records and prepare required reports
- Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student’s physician
- Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed
- Complete the preliminary nursing assessments and assist the doctor with the patient -study physical examinations for students
- Provide health education and anticipatory counseling
- Ensure compliance with procedures, protocols, and other instructions provided by the School Doctor
- Promote good health and wellbeing among students and staff
- Keep updates on students suffering from major illnesses and those on medication
- Provide periodic health checks/appraisals of pupils with identified or suspected health problems
- Sterilize clinic equipment and dressing items as prescribed
- Write clear and concise nurses report on treatment given and medications served
- Occasionally provide care and treatment to students during off-campus competitions and program (e.g. Sea School, Sport events)
- Oversee and ensure cleanliness of the wards and entire clinic
- Prepare order for supplies and equipment necessary for nurses’ office
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application