Job Alert: Field Supervisor at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries – regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationAdamawa, Borno, Yobe
- Job Field
- The job is found primarily in ADRA Field based Offices, and jobholders typically report to Field State Coordinators.
- The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the operation and may report directly to Project Manager.
- At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision.
- Jobholders are expected to produce organized and accurate monitoring and evaluation technical work and reports on daily basis to State coordinator.
- Will be requested to provide supervisory work to field monitors and guidance on standard practices and processes to other partners and stakeholders and may have direct interactions with the beneficiaries on daily basis and counterparts in their area of work.
- Supervise the activities of all field monitors assigned in the LGA at different locations.
- Monitor the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, cash transfers and reporting issues or discrepancies to the Field supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with required standards.
- To perform administration and planning of all monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance programs to beneficiaries.
- Receive from field monitors and maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements, warehouses management systems, distribution processes, selection criteria and other procedural checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery of assistance to targeted beneficiaries.
- In accordance with clear direction, collate assistance programme(s) data in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making by ADRA and other stakeholders.
- In collaboration with field monitors; liaise with other partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Ensure proper receipt and collate comments and feedback from field monitors, cooperating partners, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations and compliancy with standards.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on donor operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks.
- Prepare field supervisors’ reports and to them with state coordinators for review and documentation.
- Collate all the assessments in the assigned Local Government Area with direct supervision to the selected enumerators for proper assessments in collaboration with State Coordinators.
- Able to use advanced technology tools for data collection is an added advantage.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- Holder of a first degree or HND qualification
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation work is added advantage with at least 2 years working in humanitarian programs.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English and any of the local language spoken in North East (Hausa, Kanuri and Shuwa).
- Applications should be submitted online and in English only using the link above
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
Interested and qualified? Go to The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) career website on docs.google.com to apply