Job Alert: Finance & Accounts Director at Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives, Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the front-lines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
[penci_related_posts taxonomies=”undefined” title=”MORE JOBS” background=”” border=”” thumbright=”yes” number=”7″ style=”list” align=”right” displayby=”cat” orderby=”random”]
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Accounts Director
Job Code: 4900
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- The Finance and Accounts Director will provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Accounts team in collaboration with DAI Corporate Finance. S/he will manage and oversee all accounting and finance functions and internal controls, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Revenue Recognition, Project Accounting, Audit, Tax preparation and reporting, account reconciliations, and compliance with established regulations.
- S/he will oversee all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, internal audits & controls, as well as coordinate and collaborate with external auditors and regulatory authorities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Oversee all DAI in Nigeria’s corporate and project accounts, ensure timely processing of all transactions and monthly reporting of financial performance to the leadership team of DAI in Nigeria as well as the global corporate team.
- The position holder will be responsible for timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial analysis, reporting, and compliance, including the preparation of annual budgets, monthly financial statements.
- S/he will oversee timely preparation, review, and distribution of monthly and annual financial statements and other regulatory reporting.
Qualification, Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- The successful candidate must be a fully qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA, or CIMA with a Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics.
- S/he should have a minimum of 10 years of proven work experience in a leadership capacity of a financial/accounting role in an organization of at least 10 million dollars in revenues and staff of more than 200.
- In addition, the ideal candidate should have demonstrable experience in setting up and managing accounting processes and systems in a project management environment and creating/preparing financial statements in accordance with IFRS. Excellent accounting software user experience and leadership skills are highly required for this role. Solid knowledge of VAT, PAYE & Tax compliance is essential.
Terms And Conditions For Employment
The position is based in Abuja with frequent travel to other DAI corporate and project locations across Nigeria. DAI offers a very competitive salary and benefits package; however, local terms and conditions apply.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online