Job Alert: Fixed Income Dealer / Trader at GVA Partners
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
GVA Partners is also a l…
Fixed Income Dealer / Trader
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Our client is currently recruiting for the role of a Fixed Income Dealer/Trader. Your primary responsibility is to profitably make secondary markets to investors and buy and sell bonds with investors and other dealing institutions on a principled or agented basis in accordance with the firm’s risk policy and trading guidelines.
- Your responsibilities will include generating and executing trades, maintaining the portfolio accounting database, and managing trading platforms.
- The right candidate will be an expert in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and will be teachable, a quick learner, and prepared to build a team of junior Traders.
- Communication to senior executives will be a key part of this role, which will report to a Partner.
About the Company
- We are an Interdealer broker licensed by the SEC. We are part of an investment banking group with offices in Lagos.
- Our growing team requires an experienced Bond Dealer who is ready to assume more responsibility and help grow a new operation.
- 1st Class or 2nd Class Upper Degree
- At least, 2–5 years of progressive professional experience in trading
- Experienced dealing with banks and other financial institutions that trade bonds and other securities
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC or have an exemption letter
- At least 2 years of experience trading bonds and bills, including primary and secondary market trading of treasury bills, sovereign bonds and corporate securities and instruments
- Detail oriented, good with numbers and competitive, the right candidate will have some experience with financial modeling and valuation, and will be good with presentation generation and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience and interaction with other dealers and traders in the market and demonstrated ability to keep tabs on prices and levels of security prices.
- This person should be able to work closely with other treasury market dealers and investors and should be entrepreneurial, able to build relationships with others in the market, collating relevant information and experienced in executing trades.
- This person should possess excellent research skills to help determine market sentiment via valuation and data analysis.
- This candidate should be conversant with FMDQ trading platforms, software and initiatives as well as being familiar with Bloomberg trading platform.
- Monitoring the Nigerian and international market performance. Monitoring prices in specific products. Providing key parties with daily trading information. Female candidate is preferred.
- We are a flat organization, and we want someone who can report to very senior executives and work thoroughly with minimal supervision.
- We are prepared to compensate generously, and we will expect to examine candidates to verify their skills.
- Competitive cash compensation, performance driven corporate culture
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates ready to start immediately should send their CVs (in MS Word and PDF), current and expected salary to [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected] and [email protected] with the job title as subject of the mail
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
Method of Application