Job Alert: Food Security and Livelihood Market Assistant at The Children
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours. Please give monthly and support our mission.
Read more about this company
Job Code: 200001PM
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Food Security and Livelihood Market Assistant will work with the FSL team and directly with the Senior Market Officer to ensure time delivery of project activities. These deliverables include but are not limited to; Monthly Market Price Monitoring, Food Quality Checks, Vendor Assessment and supervision, Price negotiation.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Coordinate and clearly communicate market team activities, provide support to project vendors and volunteers
- Provides feedback on project’s market activities to SMO
- Support the logistic team in identification of new vendors
- Sensitization of local vendors and / or their representatives on project requirement, while working with them to ensure a collaborative relationship with the Children.
- Supervise Market Monitoring data collection to ensure that the data collected by enumerators is accurate, reliable, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Work with the FSL team and Senior Market Officer to carry out pre-distribution food quality test.
- Work with SMO, FSL team, and the Service provider to set up vendors’ device for project activities
- Work with the FSL team and SMO officer to organize price negotiation.
- Work with vendors and / or representatives to ensure that all Market linked activities comply with the Children Fraud, Child Safeguarding and Protection policies.
- Work with senior Market Officer, FSL staff and partner to review and modify monthly food distribution plan.
- Work with the Senior Market Officer, FSL team, Community Mobilization to organize regular Beneficiary Feedback meetings.
- Work with the SMO to process and deliver cargo clearance to vendors moving project goods to locations where cargo clearance is required.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability in all project activities.
- Work with the Senior Market Officer to ensure that child sensitive Complaints, Feedback and Response mechanism is integrated into project design / implementation
- Carry out all market activities
- The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist the FSL department meets expected objectives.
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the FSL team to carry out joint supervision before, during and post-distribution:
- Support the FSL and MEAL team with monthly Post distribution Monitoring
- Support the FSL team in carrying out project-related assessments.
- Support the FSL team as and when required to carry out any other project or project-related activities.
- Support rapid assessments, baseline studies, and seasonal assessments in collaboration with food security and livelihood colleagues.
- Internal: Work closely with FSL and Nutrition team
- External: Vendors, Representatives, Beneficiaries, Community Leaders, Non-Program Vendors,
Skills & Experience
Market & General Skills:
- Level of Education – First degree in any Sciences, Social Sciences or any Market-related qualification
- Must have completed NYSC
- Minimum of a year work experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Markets and Market operations
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to follow Market trends and be able to draw good inference from trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- IT experience – Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Commitment to the Children mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely s their personal vision for the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Method of Application
- the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Children on stcuk.taleo.net to apply
Method of Application