Job Alert: Forecasting and Supply Planning Associate at Chemonics International
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff.
From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face…
Forecasting and Supply Planning Associate
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Forecasting and Supply Planning Associates to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Associate will report directly to the Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s maternal and child health, and population and reproductive health programs. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Forecasting and Supply Planning Associate will provide and support technical assistance to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners, and other relevant stakeholders in developing health product requirements across the aforementioned task orders to support capacity development of Government counterparts in the estimation of products requirements and gap analysis.
- S/he in collaboration with other advisors will inform health product procurement to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his/her designate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Provide support to stakeholders in the development of health products forecast and supply plans with periodic reviews to inform financial gap analysis.
- Support in the organization of assumptions building activities that will guide the development of health product forecasts and supply plans to meet the needs of clients.
- Participate in capacity building of relevant stakeholders on forecasting and supply planning processes to enhance the sustainability of program interventions
- Support quarterly updates and the submission of Quantimed and PipeLine databases to the GHSC-PSM Home Office on specific health commodities to inform procurement decisions
- Participate in technical meetings on procurement and supply management technical working group (PSM-TWG) meetings on supply chain activities around
- Support the Procurement and Sourcing teams to manage client’s expectations on product availability based on updated supply plan.
- Support the M&E team to develop and update necessary tools needed for logistics data management and use on the health commodities supply chain.
- Support the development of supply chain presentations and reports on current situations, innovations and supply chain solutions that will promote sustainable systems.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Forecasting and Supply Planning Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Supply Chain Operations and equivalent is required.
- four to six years of professional experience in health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP & MNCH programs desired
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and train in health supply chain programs
- Ability to use Microsoft office suites required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project preferred
- Fluency in English is required.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International on chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love
Method of Application