Job Alert: GBV Case Worker Supervisor at International Medical Corps
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
We assist those in urgent need anywhere, anytime, no matter what the conditions, providing lifesaving health care and health care-related emergency services-often within hours.
As conditions ease, we work with local leaders to rebuild stronger. In non-emergency settings, our focus is development. Through our training programs, we pass essential skills int…
Read more about this company
GBV Case Worker Supervisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Damboa, Borno
- The GBV Case Worker Supervisor will be responsible for the overall supervision of case management services and other response activities implemented as part of the GBV program in Borno state
- Case Workers will directly report to the Case Workers Supervisor.
- Under the supervision of the GBV Coordinator, provide technical oversight and capacity-building through training, mentorship and on-the-job support for case workers on case management and referrals
- Work closely with the GBV Coordinator to understand program goals and to meet expectations.
- Supervise case management of Gender Based Violence incidences and ensure proper documentation, assessment, case plan implementation, follow up and information management of all GBV cases in line with GBVIMS+.
- Organize weekly case management meetings with case workers and support staff in managing critical/complex cases.
- Represent IMC GBV program in case conference meetings with other service providers (Health, safety & security, protection, legal, etc.) and experiences in managing critical cases.
- Contribute to the development of monthly outreach plans with other staff and community volunteers based on GBV case trends and ongoing needs of women and girls.
- Ensure community outreach on services available to GBV survivors.
- Contribute to proposal development activities (narrative and budget) through the provision of information and data on community feedback on ongoing projects and assessment of emerging needs.
- Contribute to the development of referral pathways to ensure a community perspective is included. Ensure referral pathways are d and understood within the community.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Document and relevant information that will inform the development of case studies and or success stories of the program.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationship with other partners in the field to promote holistic approach to GBV case management.
- Participate in GBVIMS taskforce working meetings and written minutes with the GBV Coordinator
HR Management & Administration:
- Supervise and mentor GBV Case Workers
- Support the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of GBV Case Workers
- Coordinate and oversee vacation schedules ensuring that leave schedules do not overlap.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probations reviews and annual performance reviews.
- Provide regular performance feedback to staff and where necessary work with Human Resources to document staff performance issues and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Ensure timely submission of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in collaboration with Case Workers and the Monitoring and Evaluation team
- Contribute to donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on activities, indicators and achievements.
- Complete and GBV data via GBVIMS tools and submit to the GBV Coordinator.
- Plan procurement of case management supplies to ensure smooth and timely implementation of activities.
- Ensure that receipts are submitted in a timely manner and are properly and completely filled out with as much supporting documentation as possible.
- Refrain from making false promises and commitments to the beneficiaries and work in the best interest of the IMC GBV Program.
- Foster a team spirit among GBV staff that is conducive to all staff improving their skills and knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the IMC / GBV program.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications & Experiences
- University Degree in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, etc.
- Two to three years of experience in GBV case management including providing psychosocial counselling for survivors of Gender Based Violence.
- Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Strong background of human rights and familiarity with practical challenges faced by displaced and other vulnerable persons.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times.
- Experience conducting assessments and a willingness to help plan assessments;
- Interest in building staff capacity through trainings, coaching, mentoring, etc.;
- Ability and willingness to work during irregular working hours when needed
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) Hausa and Kanuri is a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and other stakeholders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via the email: [email protected] using the Job Title and location as the subject of the mail.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- We are an equal opportunity organization, so Damboa based candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.