Job Alert: Gender and Adolescent Advisor at Pro-Health International
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Pro-Health International was founded in 1991 by four medical professionals: Drs. Mark Umoh, Efem Iyeme, Owido Udofia, and Iko Ibanga, who were concerned about taking free, quality healthcare to rural communities in Africa where easy access to healthcare was a challenge. For Iko Ibanga, Pro-Health International was a culmination of past desires and experience…
Read more about this company
Gender and Adolescent Advisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Adamawa
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Conduct an analysis of the experiences, risks and challenges for children – girls and boys, including disabled children – in the targeted states / communities.
- Design and conduct gender assessments at regular intervals
- Develop a gender mainstreaming plan and keep it up-to-date annually. The plan must include activities, indicators and means of verification, deadlines and resources for each activity;
- Collaborate with other colleagues and CBO partners to ensure gender integration throughout the implementation of the project in accordance with the USAID donor policies / strategies and gender requirements;
- Provide technical support to CBOs in raising awareness in target communities about the sexual risksТ adolescents
- Provide technical support in strengthening OTZ and teens club at the community level aimed at achieving the PEPFAR 90-90-90 goal
- Facilitate technical to work sessions with adolescent PWID, young Gay men, CFSW and program for them within the continuum of care on OVC- HIV programming towards reaching 90-90-90
- Support CBOs to identify and address the difficult issues of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) and GBV through culturally acceptable and age-appropriate content and highlighting the key role parents can play in protecting their children from CSA and GBV and responding to abuse.
- Support CSOs to establish and strengthen referral mechanism and linkages between the communities and health facilities for ASRH and gender-based violence, including implementation of clinical pathway for treatment of sexual assault survivors;
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within PHI and to the larger Nigerian and global community, as appropriate;
- Facilitate capacity development for partner CBOs, community volunteers, child protection committees and other key stakeholders on gender integration and child protection;
- Provide regular supportive supervision to CBO staff to ensure the achievement of expected results;
- Monitor and evaluate program performance on gender-related goals and objectives and contribute content for internal and external reporting
Minimum Experience and Qualification
- University degree (Master’s or higher) in the Social Sciences (i.e. Sociology, Psychology), Public Health, Child Health, International Development, or in an area relevant to Gender, Health, Child Protection and HIV / AIDs
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led substantive programming and research on gender and adolescence development field.
- Experience in designing, implementing, managing, and delivering results-based program / projects on gender and adolescence or any other cross cutting program, especially at country/field level, experience in emergency response is an asset. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organization
- Required Travel: Ability to travel up to 50 % of the time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should attach a Cover Letter along with their resume / CV as a single document to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Disclaimer Clause / Notice
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- PHI recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Equal Opportunity Language: Pro-Health International is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.