Job Alert: Head of Stores and Inventory Job at Iron Products Industries
- Iron Products Industries
- 8th January, 2020
- Supply Chain/ Store
- Executive (Director, Head of Dept)
- 5-7 years
- Bachelor of Engineering
- 4th January, 2020
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Iron Products Industries Limited (IPI) has been active for more than 50 years in Nigeria. The company started as a steelwork manufacturer and has since become the leader in steel fabrication. The group has executed major projects around the country in all sectors with a focus on structural steel and oil and gas. Over the years, IPI has also diversified into automotive assembly, trailer manufacturing, paint manufacturing and logistics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Head of Stores and Inventory
Job Location: Lagos
- To oversee all store activities and operations from planning to the implementation of key strategies and store requirements. Will be responsible for overseeing all the stores.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct the activities of subordinates in performing the team’s activities and ensure compliance with the organization’s operating policies, controls and procedures
- Liaise with user units/departments in establishing economic order quantities and safety stock
- Implement controls to ensure regular availability of stock in line with approved standards
- Liaise with relevant account’s department to value inventory in accordance with policies
- Provide information to the Head Procurement on end-user feedback on the quality of items procured, slow and obsolete stock as well as any items that may not currently be in stock
- Implement controls to ensure that conditions (quantity and quality) of supplied stock from vendors are consistent with documentation and requirements
- Develop unique strategies for and coordinate inspection of goods delivered to prevent discrepancies
- Understand the nature of stock to be delivered, determine and prepare necessary conditions for smooth and speedy stock receipt
- Drive the development of protocols for inventory storage and arrangement
- Coordinate screening of all non-stock items’ purchase indents for inventory control
- Oversee housekeeping and maintenance of stores
- Coordination with all external agencies e.g. weights and measures, trade tax authority, insurance companies, vendors and transporters, etc.
- Conduct performance review of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic report for the attention of the Head, Procurement and Stores
- Approve expenditure within the limits of approval.
Education and Work Experience
- A university degree in Engineering, Business, Accounting or Administration from a reputable university
- Postgraduate degree or relevant professional certification in Procurement or Inventory Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience in a similar role
- Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of custody, storage, preservation methods and packaging techniques for materials stores management
- Knowledge of inventory valuation and management tools, concepts and techniques
- Working knowledge of public procurement laws and regulations
- Written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Know-how of inventory management and control system including stock monitoring and codification
- Knowledge of insurance and risk management
- Knowledge of material accounting systems
- Good use of IT systems for stores management
- Must be vigilant, detailed and pay attention to details
- Understanding of vigilance policies and procedures for scrap management
- Ability to communicate and conduct presentations to all levels in the organization, including senior management
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective using existing solution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] clearly indicating the “Head of Stores and Inventory” as subject of your mail.