Job Alert: Head of Technical Services at ARM Hold Co.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
Asset & Resource Management Holding Company – Established in 1994 as an asset management firm, ARM offers wealth creation opportunities through a unique blend of traditional asset management and alternative investment services. We enable businesses to thrive, and help our clients to maximize their returns and realise their most important goals.
Head of Technical Services
- Job TypeFull Time
3 – 5 years
- Job Field
Building and Construction
Design and Construction:
- Leadership, direction, and management for technical teams. This includes hiring, training, and managing technical personnel, in addition to administering employee performance reviews.
- Leverage technical acumen to suggest new techniques, enhance existing technologies, and ensure projects are delivered to time and cost specifications
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all other technical employees
- Design Projects’ organizational structure
- Be responsible for managing, controlling and approving of all the technical solutions and construction methods provided in the RFQs and bidding documents.
- Ensure all standards as established by Mixta’s safety department and legally required are complied with both by the Mixta staff as well as contractors/ vendors for the project
- Ensure that the necessary licenses required for the site such as construction, usage of pavement (if any), connections to infrastructure etc. are prepared by relevant parties
- Monitor and ensure conformity of materials, installation and construction equipment operated by contractors on construction site against contract and approved technical and other requirement
- Publish frequent reports for the senior management identifying major progress, quality and cost issues impacting the project
- Provide the sales team with technical advice and support
- Oversee each projects’ life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency
- Develop and revise statements of work, which should include accurate time and cost estimates across the board
- Provide leadership to apply architectural and functional specifications to each project, collaborate with our design team to create accurate and detailed mock-ups for market testing and other uses
- Meet with clients to refine and evaluate requirements, strategy and content needs as required
- Assist in creating in-house standards.
- Overall approving authority of all material and service contracts executed by the department
- Organize the implementation of policies, regulations and decisions regimes of the Group
- Puts in place strong checks and balances to prevent fraud; report irregularities right after the occurrence and propose direction of solutions. In case of emergency, report right away by the fastest means of communication possible
- Approve the vendors and price of materials, supplies in coordination with Procurement Head
- Approve the contractors and executing the construction contracts in coordination with the contracts head
- Approve proposals for payment according to contracts, orders that are signed according to regulations in coordination with Contracting Head and Procurement Head.
- Manage the quality, volume, progress of implementations of duties, functions of the Department
- Approve contracts, as assigned by the leaders of The Client to the Company for approval of contracts and authority for approval of spending.
- Technical Services strategy plan
- Successful delivery of all projects to time and cost budgets
- Value Engineering and Tine and Costs Savings
- Quality Projects that pass all QA/QC assessments
- Progress report on all Mixta development projects
- Policy and process review report.
Education, Experience and Other Requirements
- Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent) in Construction, Architecture, Civil Engineering
- 15 years of professional experience; 3-5 years of experience within a similar role
- Experience in the management of multi-million-dollar construction project with oversight in both the property development and the financial management
- International experience (across African countries) will be an advantage
- Second Degree in Finance, an MBA Degree or well recognized project management course will be required for the role
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral (In English and French)
- Excellent understanding of real estate market and associated industries
- Expertise in procurement best practices owing to experience in working with internationally reputed firms/ real estate developers
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operational risk and control processes and procedures
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualizes the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, holders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Balances the needs of the stakeholder triangle; assimilates and analyses relevant information; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions; identifies and mitigates risks; creative in providing solutions; owns decisions.
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills. Ability to drive change management across the organization
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; monitors unit and individual performance, putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
Interested and qualified? Go to ARM Hold Co. career website on apply.workable.com to apply